Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Rubbing noise from front window seals

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 02:26 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Rubbing noise from front window seals

Some more info for all. Sorry but it's a copy/paste of what I've already posted on Tyresmoke.

Well I've just picked up my A3 from Peter Gilder Audi after leaving it with them to sort out a couple of warranty issues. When I dropped it off I thought 'in for a penny, in for a pound' and mentioned the door/window seals. It was quite obvious that this was a known problem. Even though I've had decent results from the Gummi stuff they've applied something called 'Krytox' which after a quick Google I find out is a lubricant made by DuPont. Even though the service guy tried to give me some guff about it being made for Audi specifically for this problem. Do they think their word is the word of God or something? Dealers, they never learn.

Anyhoo, we'll see how we go with this but I'm sure this fix will have been tried by others.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I'm sure, as this is coming from the driver side window, not the back. Although I should also get that fuel line issue fixed too. Stupid dealer with their "can't duplicate" excuse.

ORIGINAL: lavadrifter

MYH8for405 - Are you aware of the loose fuel line issue? Could be your tapping sound. There's info on this forum about it.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:53 PM
1st Gear

Well, I'm not adding any useful information but I just wanted to say that I'm starting to see the same problem. Faint noise coming from drivers' side window, sounds like someone crumpling cellophane. Goes away when I crack the window but not when I apply pressure to the window. I'll see if I can track down some Krytox and try that out on the window seals and let you guys know.