Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Question/Premium/Fog lights and 16-Spoke 17's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:27 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Question/Premium/Fog lights and 16-Spoke 17's?

I'm picking mine up tomorrow, (Monday) Wooohoo!

Ocean Blue - Premium - loaded...

Better get to sleep so I can wake up and go to the dealer.
Don't forget to take pics and post them here!

Old 10-16-2006, 01:34 PM
1st Gear

Supposed to pick mine up this week.

Its 10:30AM and still no call from my sales guy. Haha.

He said he will call me as soon as the car hits the GROUND.

What does that exactly mean?

Doesnt the vehicle still have to go thru customs, and all that other stuff? Until it finally arrives at the dealer?

I dont know how the process goes when a vehicle comes from over-sea's to the states finally.

If my salesguy say's "its arriving the week of Oct 16th, and he will call me when it hits the ground"

Does that mean that its still about another week or 2 from actually getting to my dealership? Hmmmm.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:41 PM
1st Gear

I bet your Audi came in the same shipment as mine. My salesman was on top of it the whole way.

He told me when it was going to be manufactured. He was right on to the day.
He told me when it would arrive on the ship into customs in San Diego. Again he was right on. (End of September I believe)
He then told me it did indeed have to go through customs along with several hundred other cars (I bet yours was in there!), and then would be transported to the dealer.

I picked it up yesterday, drove it home, just filled it up with gas for the first time. I've already figured out most every button and feature this thing has to offer. It's so logical and functional! What an engineering marvel! I love this car!

2007 Premium 2.0 S-Tronic Ocean Blue Pearl/Light Grey Leather
Cold Weather
Nav/Sound
Technology Pack
Open-Sky
Roof-Rails

I'll get some pictures posted soon I hope.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:34 PM
1st Gear

It may have came in the same shipment as yours. But I havent got a call yet for my A3 arrival.
Was supposed to be here this week, but its Wed and no call from my salesguy yet.

Are you on the West coast Jefferson? Im East coast, so im not to sure about my car going to San Diego port and then heading cross country to New Jersey.

When my salesguy looked up my car it was coming to the East coast in TRANSIT still from manufacturer in Germany.

So, I doubt its on the same shipment of A3's as yours. But ya never know!

Your car sounds hot though, loaded to the MAX! Definetly post some pics!

enjoy!

Old 10-18-2006, 05:05 PM
1st Gear

my bad dcny. I should have known by your user ID you were on the East Coast...I am on the West Coast. Picked it up from my Bay Area Dealer (Diablo Audi in Concord) on Monday.

Now I'm pretty sure your A3 was on a different boat from my A3... but could be wrong. My salesman made it sound like it was a very large boat coming to San Diego with Porsches, BMWs, etc... as well as the Audis. but I'd think they have an East Coast Port as well. Probably Regional shipping as I know they have a Port up in Portland, OR for the West Coast as well. You probably have three or four places on the East.

Anyway, your salesguy should be able to tell exactly where the thing is. My guy knew everything about it.

Happy Waiting!

Old 11-01-2006, 03:35 AM
1st Gear

My understantding is that the sports pkg has two tone 17's (the inside is gray) and the premium has one tone 17's both 16 spoke.