Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

My first speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 12:24 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: My first speeding ticket

Trying being clocked at 103mph on a 65mph hwyin in Mission Viejo, that wasn't a ticket, it was a misterminor (think i spelled that wrong). anyways, $600 and 40 hours of community svc (picking up trash on hwy) and two points later, i learned my lesson..........oh yeah, my insurance doubled!!!!!![:@]

Old 05-14-2007, 02:35 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Audinam

Trying being clocked at 103mph on a 65mph hwyin in Mission Viejo, that wasn't a ticket, it was a misterminor (think i spelled that wrong). anyways, $600 and 40 hours of community svc (picking up trash on hwy) and two points later, i learned my lesson..........oh yeah, my insurance doubled!!!!!![:@]
Geez man! Were you on the 405? Funny thing is I see people all the time going 90+ on the 405 and adjacent freeways. Sounds like you should have invested in a radar detector [&:]

Old 05-14-2007, 04:45 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: RasLion

ORIGINAL: Audinam

Geez man! Were you on the 405? Funny thing is I see people all the time going 90+ on the 405 and adjacent freeways. Sounds like you should have invested in a radar detector [&:]
I was on the 5 south around around near the Ortega Hwy, it was 12 midnight, nocars behind me, the cop was trailing me the whole time without his headlights on. good thing he didn't catch me 2 minutes earlier, i was doing 120+.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:21 PM
1st Gear

i was caught doin 90+ in a 40mph zone once...Didnt get a ticket though. He made me get out and sit on the curb, then let me go after accusing me of having a meth pipe in my cup holder that turned out to be a snapon tire-pressure gauge flipped upside down. Then he told me to pray i never see him again or i'm fucked. This was a couple years ago now, in my previous car.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:27 PM

Lucky.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:06 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: falcompsx

i was caught doin 90+ in a 40mph zone once...Didnt get a ticket though. He made me get out and sit on the curb, then let me go after accusing me of having a meth pipe in my cup holder that turned out to be a snapon tire-pressure gauge flipped upside down. Then he told me to pray i never see him again or i'm fucked. This was a couple years ago now, in my previous car.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 05-17-2007, 03:17 AM
1st Gear

Yes, I have advice. And I live in California and have had a speeding ticket. What you do is use the system for as long as you can. First of all you it sounds like you aren't fighting it, pleading guilty, etc.... But there are things you can do to help out your situation.

1) If you go to court, and you talk to the judge with respect, and you don't wear gansta pants, you can probably get your fine reduced.
2) You can get a 30 day extension for any violation. At our courthouse you can go through the automated system with the phone number on your ticket. After you enter it all in, you can select an option to have your court date bumped 30 days. More time means more money in your pocket for a long time.
3) You should be eligible for traffic school if you have never had a ticket. This way your points won't go up and your insutance won't be affected. You aren't eligible for traffic school if you have had a ticket within 18 months.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:19 AM
1st Gear

i totally sympathize I've had the car 8 days and just got a speeding ticket. Fairfax VA. I was just thinking to myself, damn, this car is so damn quiet its hard to tell you are going fast. I mean cruise at 60mph is standstill. (last car was a '95 GSR), so apparantly I passed the unmarked officer doing 85 in a 50(damn mixing bowl, can't believe I didn't see her). Ouch. It's like a 6 lane highway, all in one direction, roads were mostly empty at 2am. Mandatory reckless I think. This is going to suck. Any advice in VA?

Old 05-20-2007, 04:10 AM

man hope firs ticket no recless before otherwise you are done meaning jail time[:@]
sorry men i had to do weekends in arlington for agressive driving
good luck

Old 05-20-2007, 04:14 AM

come to our GTG of leesburg pike (route 7) tyson corner every wendsday at 8pm in the parking garage behinde movie theter where are chillis and out of borders not the best buy garage its on the 5th floor[8D]

Quick Reply: My first speeding ticket