Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.
View Poll Results: A poll
2003-2005 Lancer Evolution
33.85%
2006 Audi A3 2.0T
66.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

EVO or A3

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 10:04 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: EVO or A3

He doesn't have a real S3, he has a wannabe(rebadged) modded FWD A3. 400whp... Oh please, have you ever even driven a 400whp car? How do you plan on putting that horse power with FWD? You going to use drag tires on the road? Btw, show me the "stage2" turbo that will give you 400whp. Which turbo are you talking about? the K04 or the GT?

Don't even talk about a 400whp vs an 400whp EVO, because FWD won't have a chance against a 400whp AWD... Do you know how much at the crank the evo has to put out to have 400whp? Not to mention the EVO is much lighter than the A3...

Tell your friend to learn how to drive hisEVO if you are leaving him in the dust... He should be ashamed. [&o]

Old 05-21-2007, 11:54 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: eltonsi

He doesn't have a real S3, he has a wannabe(rebadged) modded FWD A3. 400whp... Oh please, have you ever even driven a 400whp car? How do you plan on putting that horse power with FWD? You going to use drag tires on the road? Btw, show me the "stage2" turbo that will give you 400whp. Which turbo are you talking about? the K04 or the GT?

Don't even talk about a 400whp vs an 400whp EVO, because FWD won't have a chance against a 400whp AWD... Do you know how much at the crank the evo has to put out to have 400whp? Not to mention the EVO is much lighter than the A3...

Tell your friend to learn how to drive hisEVO if you are leaving him in the dust... He should be ashamed. [&o]
Haha rip him a new one why dont ya, I don't think 1 K04 could make it to 400whp on a 2.0T

Old 05-22-2007, 12:09 AM

You would need to get at least a GT28RS turbo to push 400hp. AFAIK, there is only one company in Europe current offering that option, and I'm not sure about the software programming, and you need to do a LOT of fabrication to make it work properly. A FWD car would have a chance against a AWD car, and actually would need less horsepower to do it in a straight line. A LSD would be needed with wider tires to get that power to the ground without horrible wheel spin.

Basically, I'm saying that it is possible with the A3 to beat a stock EVO, but it would take a LOT of work, and if the EVO was modded, then scrap the whole project. Then again, that's why we discussed the differences between the A3 and the EVO, and if all you want is raw power, then you'd be stupid to choose the A3 over the EVO.

Wow, I did just ramble away, but I think you get the point.

Cheers!

Old 05-22-2007, 12:29 AM
1st Gear

I get your point, but I don't get odroggy's point. First he was talkign about his A3 taking an EVO or STi

"In the curves pushes EVO out!!!
Proven fact
And looks much better and sexyer
By the way STI is not even comparison to the chiped A3"

which is hard to believe with his mods against an AWD EVO or STi in corners??? Come on, you can't possibly agree with him. Then he went to 0-60 which is again no chance. Then he went to racing on a roll, and now he's saying top speed...

And the latest joke is how he compared a 400whp (not crank) FWD A3 to a 400whp EVO AWD... Let say the DT loss is a generous 20%, that's freaking 500hp... There is no way a heavier FWD can take on an AWD with more hp and lighter car.

I'm starting to think his "friend's" Evo is just a rebadged Lancer just like his rebadged "S3"... If that's the case, then yeah, the chipped A3 would walk all over a Lancer...

Old 05-22-2007, 12:37 AM

LOL

I'd pay money to see his A3 beat an EVO. Not going to happen! I have the same mods and I can't do it, and unless he has some magical power that I'm missing, it ain't ever happening.[sm=closed.gif]

Cheers!

Old 05-22-2007, 01:15 AM
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: Woodhead2k

Evo = Rice, I've driven an Evo and hate it, I like driving my 3/4 ton suburban over the Evo. Why is the evo rice? Have you seen the piece of plastic on the trunk? For the price all you get is Japanese performance, the interior sucks and looks tacky and cheap. For cheaper you can get an A3 almost fully loaded and I dont think and Evo has the option of coming with leather, heated seats, sun roof, etc. and still have decent performance. Sure the A3 is an entry level for Audi but Audi and Mitsubishi are of completely different grades. It would be like comparing Chevy to Cadillac. Audi is much higher grade than Mitsubishi using higher quality materials. Ok so you can argue Jap cars require a lot less maintenance but look at what they're made out off, almost everything on them is plastic except for the chassis and 13 grade steel. All german cars use the 23-25 grade steel (thickest) which is one of the main reasons why they tend to be heavier than other makes. I tend to be really against Jap cars if you haven't noticed all except for Toyota.

Get an A3!
boy do you have some learning to do. evo is not rice. i have a sun roof in my car. evos can come with leather.
also good luck keeping up with my evo in the bends or the straights with your a3.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:21 AM
Zombie Defense Force

o ya top speed is about 174mph in an evo

Old 05-22-2007, 01:23 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: eltonsi

I get your point, but I don't get odroggy's point. First he was talkign about his A3 taking an EVO or STi

"In the curves pushes EVO out!!!
Proven fact
And looks much better and sexyer
By the way STI is not even comparison to the chiped A3"

which is hard to believe with his mods against an AWD EVO or STi in corners??? Come on, you can't possibly agree with him. Then he went to 0-60 which is again no chance. Then he went to racing on a roll, and now he's saying top speed...

And the latest joke is how he compared a 400whp (not crank) FWD A3 to a 400whp EVO AWD... Let say the DT loss is a generous 20%, that's freaking 500hp... There is no way a heavier FWD can take on an AWD with more hp and lighter car.

I'm starting to think his "friend's" Evo is just a rebadged Lancer just like his rebadged "S3"... If that's the case, then yeah, the chipped A3 would walk all over a Lancer...

There is no way a heavier FWD can take on an AWD with more hp and lighter car.

^^ so whats your argument about the heavier FWD 200 hp A3 beating a lighter AWD 300 hp EVO?

sir your done, stop postinghere your killing my thread. First the stock/chipped A3 will not beat an EVO stock/chipped if the same reasonable amount of money is spent. Agreed? Next your frined can't drive or he letting you slide. If this was a EVO forum and you made that statement,you would had been banned.If stock vs stock within the same classe, theR32 would proballygive the EVO its run for its money.TheONLY way the A3 will beat the EVO is in reverse and thats still slim. Just let it rest before you make an *** of yourself

Old 05-22-2007, 01:27 AM

damn chef dont trust your A3?
eltonsi follow up
like i sad 0-60mph cant do s...t to either one EVO or STI
but roll on DAMN right it is as it is right now with the mods i have on faster than EVO or STI
Top speed any way EVO is not limited on 156
Read on APR webb stage 2 turbo kit 400hp onb the crank 389 on the whels thay have it on a dino!!
with the kit you need stage 3 clutch and LSD
AAA any stock EVO or STI Curves straight lines roll on top speed

Old 05-22-2007, 01:27 AM
Zombie Defense Force

if you have questions about the evo pm me and i will tell you the truth. i actually own one, work on my own and tune it.