Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.
View Poll Results: A poll
2003-2005 Lancer Evolution
33.85%
2006 Audi A3 2.0T
66.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

EVO or A3

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 05:48 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: EVO or A3

ORIGINAL: smarsenal

BTW, odroggy reminds me of this guy.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2...bb017fc164.htm
Lol, I have seen that video. It's a toss up between this and the one with a Civic that has minature nos bottles mounted on the glove compartment and has cow pattern on the outside.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:20 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: smarsenal

BTW, odroggy reminds me of this guy.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2867465b-2b1d-4c88-a711-98bb017fc164.htm
Ouch – that was some funny ****…. inline 6 … on an Evo … VII from 07…. hahaha

There is no argument that one can make the A3 go faster, actually a lot faster than originally intended. My problem here is that these 2 cars have different purposes, they are different breed. Actually that is a good example, comparing the mod A3 to an Evo is comparing a greyhound to a German shepherd. I bet if I trained my German shepherd and boost him with steroids, he can probably beat a Greyhound. Yoohoo. It does not change the fact that one is a race dog and the other is not.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: olivier
There is no argument that one can make the A3 go faster, actually a lot faster than originally intended. My problem here is that these 2 cars have different purposes, they are different breed. Actually that is a good example, comparing the mod A3 to an Evo is comparing a greyhound to a German shepherd. I bet if I trained my German shepherd and boost him with steroids, he can probably beat a Greyhound. Yoohoo. It does not change the fact that one is a race dog and the other is not.
It's true that any modified car can beat any stock car if you put enough money into it. However, odroggy is comparing his modded A3 (chipped and bolt ons) against an EVO. Using your analogy, it would be like... I fed my German shepherd 1st Choice Pet food, and now he's running faster than a grey hound and I can prove it with my video.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:07 PM
1st Gear

Mind you, a video that is yet to be seen or posted. Like you said earlier, it all depends on the driver too.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Zombie Defense Force

hey i see you have a buschur exhaust. what other things do you have done?

Old 05-22-2007, 08:44 PM
1st Gear

Actually, it's BR350 car. I bought it from Medina Mitsubishi in Medina, Oh. I had the BR350 package added to it. I decided to go with this because it is still covered by full Mitsubishi warranty. All I have added arethe Buschur shifter bushings. (Great cheap mod BTW!!!) I am going to make this a track car (so there goes the warranty anyways), but I have to admit that this car is addicting. Suspension upgrade is the next step though, followed by MBC/guages/walbro fuel pump/retune to run a little more boost (not crazy level though). Also, that's actually a MagnaFlow exhaust with the Buschur downpipes/highflow cat, etc... I noticed that your exhaust doesn't look stock in that pic. Whatdid you add?

BTW, Buschur Racing has shown nothing but Amazing service, and Great quality!! I highly recommend!!!

Current mods:
http://buschurracing.com/br-evo-350-modifications.htm

Some pics of engine bay, etc...:
http://corelineracing.com/gallery/album01?page=1

Old 05-22-2007, 08:46 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: eltonsi
It's true that any modified car can beat any stock car if you put enough money into it. However, odroggy is comparing his modded A3 (chipped and bolt ons) against an EVO. Using your analogy, it would be like... I fed my German shepherd 1st Choice Pet food, and now he's running faster than a grey hound and I can prove it with my video.
lol - I like your analogy!

The problem is that on any given day, a dog may get lucky... [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

A good video would be odroggy in his A3 and his friend in his Evo and then do the same but changing drivers. His friends may be a klutz!!!! Better yet, Smarsenal or Jeff can drive his friends Evo since they know how to drive the Evo and get that on videotape…

Old 05-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Zombie Defense Force

nice i like that car. that first pic of my car i had a greddy 30th anaversary hi power exhaust. i since sold it and got buschur. here are my mods so far:
Buschur Racing 3” Down Pipe, Buschur Racing 3” Test Pipe, Buschur Racing 3” Cat-back, Buschur Racing o2 Housing, Buschur Racing Stock Exhaust Manifold Ported and Jet Coated, GSC 272i and 272e Cams, Walbro 225lph Fuel Pump, Forge RS BOV, ARC Intake, Samco Intercooler Couplers, Sheppard Racing Stage 2 Transfer Case, Exedy Twin Cerametallic Heavy Duty Clutch, Kart Boy Shifter Bushings in Motor and Inside Cabin,
Forge Front Stiff Engine Mount, B&M Short Shifter, Blitz Turbo Timer, Zietronix Wideband, EGT and Boost Gauge, Autometer Sport-comp Boost Gauge, APEX’i AVC-R Electronic Boost Controller, Stainless Steel Clutch Line, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Hawk HPS Brake Pads, Custom Tune, Ingalls Stiffy Engine Torque Dampener

Old 05-22-2007, 09:16 PM
1st Gear

Nice mods list!!!!!
Now that is a mod list of a car that is very track worthy!!!
Obviously you understand me when I say that it is very addicting.Another major difference between the A3 and the Evo is the availability of aftermarket mods. Evos have an endless list of things you can do (and for much cheaper!!!).

Old 05-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Zombie Defense Force

haha i have tracked it before. go to the OT section and search for my first track day. lots of pics and stuff. its so addicting, after i started moding the audi i will never stop moding my cars