Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

deep scratch/scrape, need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:49 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: deep scratch/scrape, need help

This may be too late, but a week after I purchased my A3, i pulled up in front of my house and my neighbors dog ran out and jumped all over the car excited to see someone he thought was coming to see him! Cute dog but I wanted to kick it! hah. kidding. I would never hurt an animal, my dad's a vet but man....i was pissed. So I had scratches all over but there were a few really deep ones, down to the primer. Not like your's. But I took my car to my detailer and he touched up all the scratches and after a wash and wax it was good as new. Maybe an option to look into. I would hate to see you try it yourself and have a messed up spot forever. Especially with a scratch down to the metal. you want to make sure it's done correctly so you don't have rust issues later down the line. So I;m with Drumdork!

Old 11-12-2007, 03:19 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: brodieone

This may be too late, but a week after I purchased my A3, i pulled up in front of my house and my neighbors dog ran out and jumped all over the car excited to see someone he thought was coming to see him! Cute dog but I wanted to kick it! hah. kidding. I would never hurt an animal, my dad's a vet but man....i was pissed. So I had scratches all over but there were a few really deep ones, down to the primer. Not like your's. But I took my car to my detailer and he touched up all the scratches and after a wash and wax it was good as new. Maybe an option to look into. I would hate to see you try it yourself and have a messed up spot forever. Especially with a scratch down to the metal. you want to make sure it's done correctly so you don't have rust issues later down the line. So I;m with Drumdork!

I would have also been very pissed if a dog did that to my A3. Actually, my dog almost did something like that, the first week I brought my A3 home. I was showing friends and family the car in my garage, it was dark and rainy outside and I left the side garage door open on accident, so my 110 pound yellow labrador comes running into the garage and jumped in the back-seat of my brand new A3, all muddy and dirty! He thought he was going for a ride, and got all excited.

I mean, it wasnt as bad your "dog scratching" story but still got me mad!

Anyway, I had to do a bit of cleaning in the backseat, nothing major, just some mud. But at the time, I thought my leather was ruined!
haha.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:26 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: dcny7777

I would have also been very pissed if a dog did that to my A3. Actually, my dog almost did something like that, the first week I brought my A3 home. I was showing friends and family the car in my garage, it was dark and rainy outside and I left the side garage door open on accident, so my 110 pound yellow labrador comes running into the garage and jumped in the back-seat of my brand new A3, all muddy and dirty! He thought he was going for a ride, and got all excited.

I mean, it wasnt as bad your "dog scratching" story but still got me mad!

Anyway, I had to do a bit of cleaning in the backseat, nothing major, just some mud. But at the time, I thought my leather was ruined!
haha.
It was about a 110 lb Golden Retreiver that got me and yeah...ida been real pissed if my leather got screwed up like that too! I had some stains all over my backseats that i thought were gonna ruin my leather...but it wasnt from no dog. lets just say girls love audi's! my detailer took care of those too. HAHHA! poor guy.