Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Car Wash or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 09:17 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Car Wash or Not?

I always take my car through the car wash. I have clear bra on the front and everything is fine.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:18 AM

Oh, don't use a car wash. Unless, you're like me and live by the beach and aren't allowed to wash your car at home. There is a TOTALLY hand wash place near my house that does an awesome job and everything for only $11. That's the deal! I miss doing it myself, but at least this place use air to blow out the crevices, and use soft towels, dress the tires, etc. for cheap.

Definitely NEVER use an automatic car wash. NEVER!!!

Cheers!

Old 02-16-2007, 01:25 AM
3rd Gear

Don't wash your car if it's too cold. It's no good for the car. It's been in the single digits here this week and it's supposed to get up to 40 this weekend which will feel like summer and I can finally wash the car. It's 3 degrees right now. I take mine to the "do it yourself" car wash and think it's great for this time of year when you don't want to hand wash outside. There is a really nice place by my house and I just pull in and close the doors and go to town. Better than nothing.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:39 AM
1st Gear

The A3 is very easy to hand wash given it's size, plus mine has open sky. Given that, I don't see the need to take it to an automated car wash.

Besides, I like hand washing my cars.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:03 AM
1st Gear

'Never use automatic car washes......' .. I assume this is because of the swirl marks right?

Old 02-19-2007, 01:36 PM
3rd Gear

Yeah, the swirl marks can get bad. The guy that owned my car before I did must have taken it to the auto wash or just didn't know how to was the car. Took me forever to get the swirl marks out.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:43 PM
L7
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef

Oh, don't use a car wash. Unless, you're like me and live by the beach and aren't allowed to wash your car at home. There is a TOTALLY hand wash place near my house that does an awesome job and everything for only $11. That's the deal! I miss doing it myself, but at least this place use air to blow out the crevices, and use soft towels, dress the tires, etc. for cheap.
Wow, chef. I just totally remembered a place down at the beach that I used to go to in my youth. It was a totally hand wash car wash - with bikini clad detailers. I do kind of remember that it was expensive and had rediculously long lines - went at least once a week. And the quality of the wash was so-so. But, I'm just having a really good flashback now - thinking of the beach and that time in my life, while we have this misserably cold weather now. (Might just be time to borrow a car and check that place out again this summer.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:51 PM

I didn't use the auto carwashes before, it's just too hard with Chicago weather to wash it your self.. Touchless just strips the wax with the presoak stuff.. I think good carwashes are ok with cloth brushes

Old 02-20-2007, 04:05 AM
1st Gear

cary12, How does one go about removing swirl marks??

Old 02-25-2007, 06:42 PM
1st Gear

anyone use that arm and hammer hose down your car system? with the special soap, supposedly won't leave water marks and the junk like that..

seems like a decent idea for a touchless wash at home, but was wondering how well it work..

te

Quick Reply: Car Wash or Not?