Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Audi Bumper Guard

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 06:48 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi Bumper Guard

ORIGINAL: joelsindc
for those that parallel park often and have to "tap" the car in back...just noticed the plastic on my rear bumper starting to peel, i'm sure htis is because of parking....
[sm=WTFsgign.gif] [sm=nothatway.gif] [sm=noooo.gif] [sm=lame.gif] [sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 08-20-2007, 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: boywonder

The day after I posted about the bumper guard, I notice a scratch from a novice parallel parker in the morning and then in the afternoon get hit from the back in stop and go traffic on the 110N. (And of course he was on his cell phone) WTFFFF!!!!

At least I got his insurance info, and when they repaint the bumper the scratches from other parkers will be gone.

But still - I hate L.A. drivers.
I cringe, and look in my rearview mirror everytime traffic slows. I'm just waiting to get nailed from behind again. I've learned to stop a little short and use the extra gap in front of me as a buffer for the person stopping behind me. But of course in LA, there will just be 50 people trying to jump in small gap, causing you to stop even more quickly. The ******* state sucks!!!

Cheers!

Old 08-20-2007, 11:30 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: AManCalledE

This is ONE of the VERY FEW reasons that I like living in Oklahoma....I honestly don't remember the last time I had to even attempt to parallel park! It seems like there is always a space where 3 or 4 cars could park, so it's easy as can be.
Same here in Nebraska, I also can't remember the last time I had to parallel park. I used to live in Jersey and we parallel parked all the time but not here.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:38 PM
1st Gear

I live in NYC and although I have no problems parking... EVERYONE ELSE seems to!!!

The Bumper Badger or similar products are the only way to have a scratch free bumper if you normally park on NY City streets.

The garages can be far worse though!!! They use every inch possible and back up until your bumper is touching the other car... So its not just when you parallel!!

Old 08-20-2007, 07:43 PM
1st Gear

man..you guys are awesome drivers if you can parallel park without tapping a car. It's the way I was taught via drivers ed years ago in NY..and it seems to work...in some neighborhoods you're so happy to see a spot, if you give it up, someone else gets it and you're blocks away and an hour late....of course i try not to tap someone, its definitly not on purpose per say. That being ssaid, I find the DSG 'drifts' a little..move the car from reverse to drive and you're sure to drift backwards, gotta use the e-brake even though its a automatic....or maybe i'm jsut not used to automatics after a lifetime of manuals..and yes..i do regret getting the DSG, mind you it's great...but i still want a manual....

the bumper badger thing looks good, for some reason i thought i saw one with the audi badge..will have to keep looking...

Old 08-20-2007, 09:03 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: joelsindc

man..you guys are awesome drivers if you can parallel park without tapping a car. It's the way I was taught via drivers ed years ago in NY
Ok, now I KNOW you have to be pulling our legs.
I may be from the suburbs of NYC, but I know for a fact that no one in their right mind would actually TEACH you to hit other cars when parking.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear

Chef! I know you don't mean that. You can't discount all the amazing roads in this state because of some lame drivers. Everyone in L.A. who has to be on a freeway anywhere near rush hour feels your pain. Go drive PCH North of Malibu and get your senses back!

Old 08-20-2007, 11:47 PM

I do love a good, open drive up the coast, or along the mountain roads. BUT, that is less than 1% of my total driving time. I'm sorry, but I've lived in California for almost 10 years and I'm totally fed up here. Gotta make the move. I'll miss all of the activities and such, but it'll be better in the long run.

Cheers!

Old 08-21-2007, 12:33 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef

I do love a good, open drive up the coast, or along the mountain roads. BUT, that is less than 1% of my total driving time. I'm sorry, but I've lived in California for almost 10 years and I'm totally fed up here. Gotta make the move. I'll miss all of the activities and such, but it'll be better in the long run.

Cheers!
I feel your pain. I spend a few weeks out of the year in Irvine and LA with family. If there's one thing I cannot stand, it's the way people drive down south. It brings out the worst in me when I see some moron in a really expensive car cutting other people off just to get one car ahead despite the massive amounts of traffic. People just don't seem to have patience.

Thankfully, despite the traffic, I don't see as much of the same in the Bay Area. Taking the car out on the weekend for a nice drive along PCH (down south or up north) definitely makes me forget about all that pain.