Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Any red lovers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 12:54 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Any red lovers?

ORIGINAL: rossifumi

actually you guys and gals should check out the white A3 with the Open Sky options.

I walked into the dealership today to have another look at the A3, and my jaw dropped.

Most of the roof is tinted glass, with just a black-painted section at the back, and the contrast was just STUNNING
A lot of people, like myself, got white A3s :P I love my White Ti

Old 01-05-2008, 03:14 PM
1st Gear

Red does not mean tickets. There was a time when that was true. Not anymore. This coming from an inside source.
Agree. I heard a statistic (in traffic school [:'(]) that silver is now the colormost ticketed for speeding, nothing to do with color, just that now that there are more of those on the road than other colors (California). More depends on your driving.

I like the red A3, they're not too common IMO.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 01-05-2008, 04:07 PM
1st Gear

okay i hate white and red, but on the A3, they both look amazing. very weird to me.
go with it. and paint your rings black!

Old 01-05-2008, 04:07 PM
1st Gear

regardless of what generation of cars we're talking about, red has always been under-represented on the road. We're not talking about a horse race to see which gets the most tickets, but about attracting uneccessary attention from the popo. It's enough to say if you're a family in a red family sedan with toys and crap on the back window, you wouldn't have to worry like 16y.o. joe flatfoot in his red mustang.

An interesting aside about Silver, it is statistically the most dangerous color for traffic accidents because of the way it blends in with the road and city environment.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:54 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: duc_748

Brodieone, how do you know about more tickets no longer being true? It looks like my wife is leaning towards the red one, and really its her car so whatever is cool with me. However do you think
the red might make it more "steal'able" ? That is to say do think it might attract "negative" attention? I was thinking about that today but not really sure?

Duc_748 - Basically a friend in the police department and also insurance company both told me the same thing about red equalling more tickets. It really depends on how you are driving. As far as stealable, I don't know but I can't imagine someone would steal a red car, they are so easily spotted if being looked for I would assume.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:08 PM

My car is Misano Red, was not my first choice but the deal was so good I went for it. But it's really grown on me, and I love it now, looks great with the black contrasting open sky.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:05 PM

Yeah, I really like the contrast between the Open Sky with both the red and white. Lava Grey was a great choice initially, because it is a really cool color. Problem is that over the last two years that seems to be the major color choice for the A3. I saw 5 different Lava Grey A3's over the last two days. I was looking to be unique. Oh well...again!

Cheers!

Old 01-06-2008, 10:00 PM
1st Gear

Other then the fact that I have never seen another A3 other then mine and on the car lot in person (its like no one drives these around the riverside area, lots of A4's though). I would say sprint blue might be the rarest of colors. I don't seem many on the forums. Tons of white and grey with a few red and blacks.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:51 PM

Just to add to my confusion....I am not sure I can make the Ti package work with the amount I would like to spend a month, still thinking about it, but here is choice C
S-line & Open Sky, Lava Grey. This is my budget choice (well if you can call it that), more no frills, but it would still be a great ride. Comes out to $27 a month less than having
the Ti package included, does not seem like a huge amount, but it all adds up.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-07-2008, 02:56 PM
L7
1st Gear

Whatever happened to 'moro blue'? Did they cut that color after 2006? I haven't seen any other A3's with that color either on the road or posted. Does anyone else out there have that color? And yes - I like that red with open sky. But, my first choice was lava grey since I couldn't stand having a black vehicle during the winters here. But in order to get the end of model year pricing with theoptions I wanted - the onlycolor choices I had were between moro blue and a lighter blue.Didn't like the lighter blue - too close to "Carolinablue" for my taste.

Quick Reply: Any red lovers?