Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Any red lovers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 03:11 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Any red lovers?

Black with TI package gets my vote

I was on a decision between the lava grey and black at the dealer when I had to make my final choice but im such a sucker for black cars so I had to go with the black.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:41 PM
1st Gear

I'd love a red w/ tan interior, but where I live the 'myth' about red=more tickets is true! My first car, a red base-model Celica (severely underpowered) got me pulled more often than my subsequent cars combined...and back then I'd hardly ever go 5 mph over the speed limit!

Old 01-04-2008, 03:52 PM
2nd Gear

Things I like in Red: Katchup, hot sauces, my girlfriend, other peoples hot girlfriends (dont tell mine), shoes as long as they are for bowling, Redskins Jerseys (side note go skins beat dem seahawks!), hmm that is about it I guess

Things I dont like in Red: Ugly/fat girls, Apples (green ones are the best), cars, blood, hair, hot sauces that cause me to poo red, necks, i guess that is about it

Old 01-04-2008, 04:03 PM
1st Gear

Red=more tickets certainly isn't a myth. I distinctly remember an article where they interviewed various police forces, and they admitted as much. White interestingly, had a real-world speed limit of +10 over a red car.

There are other things to consider, like type of car. eg. Any riced out car, you know the usual garbage - slammed, rolling on barrels, massive wings mounted on 12" ***** extensions etc.. will attract any and all attention from the police. doesn't matter what colour it is.

Or age.. the police will always pay a lot of attention to you if you're clearly a teen driver. Or even driving behaviour, doesn't matter what car or colour you're in if you're maneuvering aggressively in traffic.

Anyways.. about the red A3. I'm a fan of red myself, but it doesn't seem to work for this car.. it just seems too.. adolescent. Red works perfectly on sports cars, but the A3 is much more than just narrow-minded sports performance.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:35 PM
2nd Gear

I read a similar article, perhaps the same one, in Maxim a few years back. The officer they interviewed also said that for some reason radar is less effective on dark colored vehicles.

Otherwise, I think that red w/ titanium is a great combo! (Then again, I can't think of too many A3's I didn't like )

Old 01-04-2008, 05:39 PM
1st Gear

I got red. Love it more every day. Red does not mean tickets. There was a time when that was true. Not anymore. This coming from an inside source.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:16 PM

Brodieone, how do you know about more tickets no longer being true? It looks like my wife is leaning towards the red one, and really its her car so whatever is cool with me. However do you think
the red might make it more "steal'able" ? That is to say do think it might attract "negative" attention? I was thinking about that today but not really sure?

Old 01-04-2008, 10:18 PM
2nd Gear

If I were going to steal a car, I'd do the opposite -- go for something less noticeable. But then again, I'm no car thief so the point I'm making is probably moot.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:44 PM
1st Gear

I have the Red A3 and love it...

Old 01-04-2008, 11:57 PM
1st Gear

actually you guys and gals should check out the white A3 with the Open Sky options.

I walked into the dealership today to have another look at the A3, and my jaw dropped.

Most of the roof is tinted glass, with just a black-painted section at the back, and the contrast was just STUNNING

Quick Reply: Any red lovers?