Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 Wrecked!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Administrator
Default RE: A3 Wrecked!

dam that sucks im glad ur ok though

Old 04-01-2007, 08:21 PM

Man, that's bad. Good that you were not hurt though. Now I feel stupid for the fuss I made when I found a door ding a couple of days ago!

Old 04-01-2007, 09:03 PM
1st Gear

glad to hear you're ok.....

keep us updated on the mods....err i mean repairs

Old 04-01-2007, 09:06 PM
1st Gear

Damm thats bad luck, glad you are not hurt.

We are all thinking about you!

Old 04-01-2007, 09:41 PM
1st Gear

Sorry to read about your bad news Chef

Old 04-01-2007, 09:52 PM
1st Gear

sorry to hear your bad news chef, its too bad stuff like that happens, especially when you are sandwiched between cars with nowhere to go.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:05 PM
1st Gear

Hopefully this is just a cruel April Fool's joke being foisted upon us...

Old 04-01-2007, 10:21 PM

How I wish that it were an April fools joke.[&o]

Here's the whole story:

I had just picked up my son and was fully loaded with camping stuff for a weekend scouting outing. We had pulled to a stop behind a Ford Expedition and had a white Saturn stop behind us. I heard wheels lock up and squeal then looked into my rearview mirror to see a Toyota Corolla sliding into the back of the Saturn. I immediately laid into the gas to get around the Expedition in the turn lane, but was too late. The Saturn smashed into the back of me and I tagged the rear left corner of the Expedition. That's why I have the right front of the car smashed. Unfortunately, the Expedition bumper scraped down the entire passenger side of my car including both rims. The front end was pushed back onto the front tire so it wasn't driveable. I noticed that the frame was bent badly when the tow truck raised the front end. I wonder how much this will cost, and more importantly how long it will be before everything's done?

I'm ******* pissed!!!

Oh, and I do have some neck, back, and shoulder pain, but I went and got some good meds for the time being.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:33 PM
1st Gear

look like your airbags didnt deploy, thats good for keeping repair costs down at roughly 1k/each. but from the way you describe the accident, it shoulds pretty bad. Hopefully all you have is minor injuries and in the end it works out for you.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:07 PM

The airbag on the Corolla deployed but nobody elses. There was a 3 year old girl in the Saturn and she kept screaming like crazy the entire time, but the paramedics looked her over and she looked fine. I'm somewhat fortunate that I hit off center on the Expedition. The lady in the Expedition said she saw the wreck coming and stood on her brakes and she had a huge hitch on the back of the car that would have been a can opener for my little Audi.

Cars are never the same after they've been in a wreck and that fact will always be bugging me, even if it comes back factory perfect. Looks like I might be a candidate for a 2008/9 A3 Sportback with the upgraded engine and turbo? No more mods for the A3 since I'm waiting for the next car now.

Sucks!

Quick Reply: A3 Wrecked!