Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

2011 A3 Pictures? (looking for Titanium, Lava Gray)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 03:30 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Birdgal5
First off, it sucks that you cannot get the A3 with a 6-speed manual AND quattro!!! Now that I have ranted....I would say go with the quattro and the automatic 6-speed. But, that would be my preference....go drive both, and see if you can live without a manual tranny. The A3 Titanium package comes with very sticky tires, so you might be able to live without quattro. However, if you live anywhere that it snows in winter, I wouldn't dream of going without the quattro. There....my opinion....let us know what you decide!!!
well i live in south florida so it doesnt snow, but it does rain! i agree they should let you choose a manual quattro! well i think im gonna go with the manaul FWD....i just went to audi to order my A3!!!! cant wait!

Old 01-07-2011, 03:26 PM
1st Gear
Default Congrats!!!!

Originally Posted by JulienRS
well i live in south florida so it doesnt snow, but it does rain! i agree they should let you choose a manual quattro! well i think im gonna go with the manaul FWD....i just went to audi to order my A3!!!! cant wait!
Congrats!!!!!!!!! I know you will love it! I had even less choice....no manual tranny or quattro with a TDI I am loving the TDI mileage, though, and I am getting used to the paddle shifters on the automatic transmission. In Germany, you can get any combination of features that you want...I walked into a dealership there, and the first car I saw was an A3 TDI with quattro and manual transmission!

I am in California, and I can avoid the snow....I would have to seek it out. If you bought the Titanium package, you will audigasm over the wheels and tires!!!

Make sure you let us see some new car pics....

Old 01-28-2011, 02:06 PM
1st Gear

Got my car a few days ago, tinted yesterday. Hopefully I'll have time to post some pictures this weekend...

Old 01-28-2011, 02:33 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kitvan
Got my car a few days ago, tinted yesterday. Hopefully I'll have time to post some pictures this weekend...
Just curious - you said that they loaded your car up for delivery back on Dec. 16th. It sounds like it took about a month - is that right?

Where did you purchase it?

I ask because I just got an email from my dealer (Audi of Tysons, in Northern Virginia) informing me that my A3 was on the ship in transit - I'm curious as to how long I should expect to wait.

I had a BMW 1-series built and delivered a couple years ago and I don't seem to recall it taking much more than 10 days, from getting on to the ship, through Newark port, and down to Virginia.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:40 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Bilsko
Just curious - you said that they loaded your car up for delivery back on Dec. 16th. It sounds like it took about a month - is that right?

Where did you purchase it?

I ask because I just got an email from my dealer (Audi of Tysons, in Northern Virginia) informing me that my A3 was on the ship in transit - I'm curious as to how long I should expect to wait.

I bought special ordered the car through a Los Angeles dealer, it was loaded onto the ship in Bremerhaven, Germany on 12/16/10 and arrived in Port Hueneme (Oxnard, CA) on 1/14 and it was available for delivery at the dealership on 1/24.

So overall, it took about 40 days from being loaded on the ship. But as I mentioned I'm on the west coast, which probably adds 5+ days for getting through the Panama canal and all the way up the Mexican coastline. So it might be closer to 30-35 days for you.

Good luck. Be patient. It's sweeter to get the car after having to wait for it.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:31 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kitvan
I bought special ordered the car through a Los Angeles dealer, it was loaded onto the ship in Bremerhaven, Germany on 12/16/10 and arrived in Port Hueneme (Oxnard, CA) on 1/14 and it was available for delivery at the dealership on 1/24.

So overall, it took about 40 days from being loaded on the ship. But as I mentioned I'm on the west coast, which probably adds 5+ days for getting through the Panama canal and all the way up the Mexican coastline. So it might be closer to 30-35 days for you.

Good luck. Be patient. It's sweeter to get the car after having to wait for it.
Thanks for the details - our sales rep told us that expected delivery is still at the end of Feb - so I won't hold out too much hope for an early show. I asked if Audi had any automated online system for us to track the vehicle status and was told that they don't - it sounds like you must have gotten a good rep who kept you well informed. Ours told us that they'd let us know when it arrived at port - which I'm assuming is either Newark, Baltimore, or Norfolk for east coast deliveries. -Here's one source that points to a 2 week transit time between Bremerhaven and Newark: link

I'm certainly anxious to get the car - but wiating till the end of Feb may not be a bad thing after all. I know that we'll have to buy a set of 17" winter tires+wheels for it (coming with 18"summer performance with the Titanium Package), and if I can put that off until next winter, all the better.

Glad to hear that you're pleased with yours so far

Last edited by Bilsko; 01-29-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:32 AM
1st Gear

I just got my A3 2.0 TFSI (s-line) in Lava Gray last week. I f**king love it! I'll post some pics this weekend after I wash and tax it.

Anyone going to do some alterations on their cars? I was thinking about getting some new rims for mine (not low profiles or anything serious) and maybe change out the speakers.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:00 AM
1st Gear

I am waiting on delivery of a Scuba Blue A3 Titanium.... I won't drive an automatic, so I opted for the manual, gas 2.0l. Mine was a special order too... hard to get any manual transmission A3 here in San Francisco... manual Titanium, nav was totally impossible... I am kinda bummed... I ordered mine on Dec. 2nd and it won't be here in San Francisco until MAY!! That's SIX freakin' months! I'm psyched about the car but 6 months to get it is tough. I test drove a mnaual A3 2.0... best engine and tranny I've ever felt; so much fun to drive. Still 3 months to wait...

Old 02-12-2011, 02:42 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by TRONIC
I just got my A3 2.0 TFSI (s-line) in Lava Gray last week. I f**king love it! I'll post some pics this weekend after I wash and tax it.

Anyone going to do some alterations on their cars? I was thinking about getting some new rims for mine (not low profiles or anything serious) and maybe change out the speakers.
No low profile? Check out the wheels/tires that come with the 2011 Titanium package....they are soooooo nice and handle so well!

I have the Bose speakers in my A3 TDI....I may do a speaker switch, as well.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:38 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Birdgal5
No low profile? Check out the wheels/tires that come with the 2011 Titanium package....they are soooooo nice and handle so well!

I have the Bose speakers in my A3 TDI....I may do a speaker switch, as well.
My dads TTS has the bose speakers, and I must say as an avid audiophile that they aren't worth the 1k upgrade for the a3's "comfort package" given my musical intentions. Prolly gonna get some Polk speakers.

They have a great feature on their website where you can put in the year, make, model, and features of your car and they will tell you which speakers to get for your car:
http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/fitguide.php

I saw those Titanium wheels before I bought my car, but I think I'm going to get the 10 spoke wheels Audi has for the A3. Maybe some aftermarket 10 spokes if I can find nice ones.

Let me know when you get pictures of your car, I'd love to see it. I'm going to try to take some day and night pictures with my car tomorrow after I wash and wax it. Hoping to make a few good wallpapers.

Quick Reply: 2011 A3 Pictures? (looking for Titanium, Lava Gray)