Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

2008 A3 2.0T Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 05:48 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2008 A3 2.0T Order Guide

Sorry about the extra-brief response; you've already found out about the titanium package. The stock sound system isn't much, and the Bose isn't much better (I have a car with each) . Get the stock stereo and buy aftermarket if you're picky about sound.
Is the 3.2 Quattro worth the difference? Depends on where you live and what you need. The quattro's nice, and the 3.2 is a great motor - but the car weighs 300lbs more, gets so-so mileage, no manual trans available,and isn't near as easy to mod for go-fast as the 2.0.
I don't think you can go wrong with either tranny in an A3; I have one of each, and while I prefer the DSG, my daughter drives the manual.

Best suspension mods - rear swaybar and Koni FSD's with the factory sport springs. If you want the car lower, add Neuspeed sport springs.
Finally, lighter wheels and perormance summer tires help a lot. Coilovers are fine if you want to spend the money, but they're really not necessary for street use. SHS, KW V1 or V2, Vogtland, or Koni all make nice kits that have been well reviewed on A3 forums.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:46 PM

I do like my music, I have the monsoon in my GTI right now and it is adequate. The main reason I do not want an aftermarket stereo is that I will always be worrying that my car is going to get broken into. I am not a big fan of Bose as I think they use cheap components (wish there was a Mark Levinson system upgrade as in the Lexus which isless than $800) but since I read some posts where you can add a line level amp, I like that Idea. It would also be nice to change the volume and or what is playing via the steering wheel controls. I even thoughtabout getting the Nav system so I can use SD cards and not have to look at the Cassette which is about as useful as air conditioning in an Igloo. I figure if I get the 2.0 version I can add the nav & S-line pkg&it will still be cheaper than the 3.2 version I was planning on. I do want to lower the ride height slightly. The Titaniumfrom the picture on the link in the earlier post is just asking to be brought down about20or 30mm. So you think the coil overs are over kill? I am not trying to win best in show, I justwant a little better handling. I love to fly around corners &drive fast but not stupid which is probably why I haven't had a speeding ticket in over 12 years.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:16 PM
1st Gear

FSD's + Neuspeed rear bar + Neuspeed springs will do you real fine for sporty street feel and good ride. My car with this setup and DSG is a superfine street bomber, just a blast to drive. Most of the lowering springs available are 30 - 35mm drop. A couple of posters have been unhappy with the Eibach/FSD combo, but those who use Neuspeed or stock sport springs with the FSD's have been ecstatic.
The nice thing about the coilovers is that you can corner-balance the car, and set the ride height exacly as you like it. I run coilovers on my track and autocross 911's. They're really more for theracers, bling and show guys, andthe **** retentive among us. But get 'em if you like 'em, they're not much more.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:31 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Monkeyboy

Okay, I did it! I placed my order today for the following:

2008 A3 2.0T DSG

Ibis White/Black

S-line Package
Titanium Package
Convenience Package
Open Sky
Bluetooth
Bi-xenon's

No pricing yet. They say it will be here by late July. Now, 3 months of thinking about it every waking hour!

Congratulations!! I see this post was while back. Did you get it now?
If so, I'd love to see the photos!

Old 05-25-2007, 04:57 PM
1st Gear

It's on order! But there was a delay with the Titanium Package. ETA approximately late August '07. Film at eleven!

Old 05-27-2007, 01:08 AM
1st Gear

Re: Ti pkg.

Everything can be added post sale, except the headliner. I like my gray one, black would look very nice with the pano roof!!

I sat in a '08 TT at the dealership and dang, the Alcantara inserts to the seats and the door panels is very nice. Wish we got dual color combos for the seats here in the US. The Volvo C30 might put pressure on a mid year '08 change for this. Tho BMW's experience with the E46 ZHP with Alcantara wasn't that promising for this fabric.

The piano black inserts are a step down, IMHO. Easy to scratch, at least in the Miata which has this option too. I'd stick with the brushed Aluminium. Heck, even my dad made note of the brushed pieces in my A3 (a HUGE shocker to me that he'd notice, let alone say something positive about 'em.)

With all that said, I'd upgrade my "sport" bi-color rims for the Ti pkg RS4 reps in heartbeat. Frankly, the difference between the premium and S-Line rims is shameful on Audi's part.

Old 07-14-2007, 05:30 PM
1st Gear

Can someone post a .pdf of the 08 order guide and the invoice prices for us?