Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

2006 A3 2.0 Mystery codes P0300 to P0304.... IM LOOSING MY MIND!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 05:21 PM
1st Gear
Default 2006 A3 2.0 Mystery codes P0300 to P0304.... IM LOOSING MY MIND!!

Ok this is a last resort before I loose my mind over this issue. My daughters A3 which has approximately 230k miles on it has been throwing the P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, and P0304 codes. I‘ve replaced all the obvious parts as far as I know of from thread searching etc. and am still getting the code. Also as a sidenote this issue has been ongoing for about a year, I would reset the codes and it would take another two months for it to pop on but in the last three months it just is constantly on now... It’s a complete mystery at this point as honestly the car runs absolutely perfect and even when hammering the car to get the code to show it’s ugly face it still runs perfectly. Below is a list of parts I’ve replaced to try and remedy the issue.

New Bosch double platinum spark plugs
New factory coil packs (all 4)
New PCV valve and hoses
New Evaporative system purge valve
performed extensive intake leak chec
Almost new (1yearold) OEM Fuel pump and cam follower

Other considerations are as I said above, the car runs absolutely perfect at all times even when on the throttle but I can generally get the car to pop the CEL on within a few miles of abusive driving in sport mode (to try and replicate the issue)... All that said if I pamper it in normal drive mode it will take like 10 or 15 miles for the light to pop on however as I said above when I throw it in sport mode I can get it to pop on within a few miles of on the throttle- off the throttle type driving. I don’t think it a fuel issue as they are no stutters or lag you would get with that problem

My next parts to replace when they come in next week will be the Crankshaft Position Sensor and also the Camshaft Position Sensor.... I am not hopeful these will remedy the issue but I have to try as these parts seem to be inexpensive and easy to replace....

I’ve searched all the threads and posts and seem to come across the same normal diagnosis is which as you see I’ve already do​​​​me most of the obvious ones...​​
Sorry for the super long post I just thought I’d be as thorough as I possibly can

​​​​​​​Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPad

Old 04-07-2020, 11:27 AM
1st Gear

Bump

Old 04-08-2020, 11:18 PM
1st Gear

Ok update to my issue... replaced Crankshaft and cam sensors and the problem still occurs, I think I have however isolated how the problem occurs. Contrary to what I stated above it seems to only trigger the CEL in “sport mode”. I’m leaning towards this as I basically HAMMERED the throttle in normal “drive mode” for about 10-15 miles in Drive and no CEL... I then drop it into sport mode and immediately within a half a mile of the same aggressive driving it pops on... I replicated this three times in a row so I’m convinced it has all to do with the “sport mode” function.... that being said what is related to sport mode that is controlling this doesn’t sport mode simply advance the timing a bit... better yet what part should I be spending my money on next?