Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

FS: 2004 A4 Avant 6 speed manual sport package, 104,800mi, New England

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 03:09 PM
1st Gear
Default FS: 2004 A4 Avant 6 speed manual sport package, 104,800mi, New England

SOLD!!!!

Hello all,

First off, I have to apologize for not being a frequent user of this site. I enjoy Audis and cars in general but have not been too active on forums in the past few years. I do have on-line references and am PayPal and e-bay certified or whatever term they use for "someone who can be trusted to do business with." My username is the same on VWVortex and Audizine, feel free to search my history on either site.

On to the thread:

My 2004 Avant is for sale.

About the car:
It currently has 104,800 miles. The car had three adult owners, I am the third and a life-long VW/Audi enthusiast as well as an active Audi Club North America member. The first owner special ordered it and leased it, the second was an older woman who purchased it CPO to replace her BMW and unfortunately she passed away about a year and a half afterward. I purchased the car in August of 2008 from the second owner's son. I am a former VW trained technician and have taken very good care of the car in the four years and 48,000 miles I have owned it. The car was obviously a special order car from the last days of ala-carte options before the "package" system completely took over. I can say with reasonable confidence that there is not an identical car to this in the US or Canada. It has been extremely well-maintained and documented during my ownership and I can provide maintenance records from the second owner as well. This is a no-excuses, adult owned car. I would install the snow tires and drive to Alaska tomorrow with confidence, if I had the time:laugh:.

Factory Specs/options:
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t quattro 6 speed manual
Atlas Gray Metallic Paint
Gray CLOTH interior
Cold Weather Package(heated seats, washer nozzles and a ski bag in the rear center arm-rest pass through)
Sport Package(springs, shocks, sway bars, 17" wheels, aluminum interior trim)
Painted lower body
Bose with Sirius radio
Rear seat side-impact airbags
NO Sunroof:thumbup:

Maintenance History:
Every 5,000 miles beginning at 60K: Oil and filter change using Redline 5w/40, and OE filter, and a fresh drain plug; tire rotation
Every 10,000 miles beginning at 60K: 5k service plus wiper blades, engine air filter, and cabin air filter.
Every 20,000 miles beginning at 60K: 10K service plus spark plugs and fuel filter.
70,853 Battery
71,848 miles, Timing belt including the following: Timing belt & tensioners, waterpump, thermostat, radiator(due to a pin-hole leak), coolant flange on the back of the head, ECT sensor, coolant expansion tank, coolant, power steering fluid. All parts used for this service were factory parts sourced from the local VW/Audi store.
87,352 miles, Suspension project: Koni FSD stuts and shocks were installed along with a factory RS4 rear swaybar, a complete Meyle HD upper and lower control arm kit, Meyle HD complete tie-rods, Meyle HD front swaybar end links, factory front sway bar bushings, and all associated hardware.
90,451: Redline transmission and rear differential fluid
93,610: Front O2 sensor(no CEL, just noticed a drop in fuel efficiency)
104,214, Brakes: Centric re-manufactured front and rear calipers painted before installation with Eastwood's silver high-temp ceramic paint(calipers were properly masked off and the paint was allowed to cure for over a week prior to installation.) Centric premium high carbon rotors(F&R), Stoptech street performance brake pads(F&R), Goodridge stainless lines, Motul DOT 5.1 fluid.

Minor Modifications:
APR stage 1 software(currently turned off)
Neuspeed TIP
K&N drop-in filter
Koni FSDs
RS4 rear sway bar
Dension iPod adapter(the expensive one with text display on the MFD, works with iPhone as well)
Sylvania Silver-star high and low beam headlight bulbs and fog light bulbs
2008 B7 SE wheels currently installed(stock Pirelli all-seasons tires with ~10,000mi left), also comes with stock 17" wheels with good Dunlop snow tires(probably 2-3 seasons remaining.)
Audi factory hatch spoiler

Repair History:
Thankfully, there is not much to report here. This car has never let me down and has been very reliable. When I did the Suspension, nothing was "wrong" with any of the parts that were replaced, I'm just picky about handling and wanted to freshen things up after nearly 90k. Similar story for the recent brake project.
65,315 valve cover gasket, cam tensioner seals, breather tube
65,XXX Engine speed sensor
69,109 Driver's front window regulator
80,730 Serpentine belt & Tensioner
103,xxx Passenger front window regulator

The bad:
Nothing really. But as with any 100,000 mile car there is bound to be something worth mentioning.
I removed the o-ring from the glove box brake to prevent the hinge from breaking. The glove box light still works and the hinges are in decent shape, it just doesn't lower itself slowly any more.
The belly pan is in decent and useable shape overall, but the rear center fastener is no longer there. I drilled one small hole on either side of where the fastener used to be and use a zip tie on each side to keep the belly pan secure(it actually seems to be more secure than it originally was...lol.)
The lower door trims are showing some age.
That is it! Everything works, just three minor things that I would rather disclose up-front.

Condition of the car:
Overall, closer to "excellent" than "very good."
Clean Carfax, no non-factory paintwork
I would rate the exterior 8-9 out of 10. I've tried to touch-up any rock chips or scratches. I have always kept the car clean inside and out and just clayed and waxed the paint.
I would rate the interior a solid 9, maybe 9.5. drivers seat show very little wear, there are no peeling buttons, stains on the carpet or damage to the plastics, everything works. I last had the seats shampooed about two years ago and they still look good but it could be done again within the next year or so. I have never used any greasy, shiny, slimy products to clean the interior plastics.
It is currently garaged and will remain so until it is sold, I have my new car so the mileage/condition will remain the same.

Pricing:
I usually try to average the three major pricing guides when buying or selling a car. I also look at the broader market on Autotrader, Cars.com, and the classifieds sections of enthusiats sites.
KBB says between $8500-9000
NADA dealer retail is $10700
Edmunds hates me and says $7500
Most dealers are north of $10,000 for similar cars with higher mileage and without service records.
This car is in FAR better condition than any car on any dealer's lot and it is very well documented.
My very fair price for a quick, no-haggle sale is: $8750

Contacting me:
Car has been sold

Reason for sale:
Bought a Golf R

On to the pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29438311@N06/7999688429/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29438311@N06/7999687321/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29438311@N06/7999688767/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29438311@N06/7999693354/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29438311@N06/7999693940/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29438311@N06/7999690515/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29438311@N06/7999690979/All of the summer wheels look this good.

Last edited by windsorblue; 11-26-2012 at 08:32 AM. Reason: car sold