Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

FS: 2000 Audi B5 S4 6 Speed - Nogaro Blue/Blue Alcantera - Sport Pkg

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 12:00 PM
1st Gear
Default FS: 2000 Audi B5 S4 6 Speed - Nogaro Blue/Blue Alcantera - Sport Pkg

SOLD

Sadly, it is time for me to part ways with my B5 S4. After 3+ great years of ownership, I have decided to upgrade to a 2007 E90 335i. I think a lot of local members (Tom, Waseem, Jake, Mike Polly, etc.) have spent time driving or as a passenger in my car and would agree that it is in better shape than the average S4 out there. The car is in now the garage, clean and ready to be sold.

History
After searching for a clean Nogaro 6 spd S4 for a few months, I found this car at a Honda dealership up north. The dealer took it in on a trade and I ended up trading in my 2005 Jetta 1.8t in. This has been the best car decision I have ever made. Before I bought the car, Honda of Crystal Lake had the gauge cluster replaced by Audi due to dead pixels (a costly and common issue for these cars). I have owned it for 3+ years and it's been great to me.

The car is washed on a bi-weekly basis, and has received fully synthetic Mobil 1 oil and filter changes every 3k miles on the dot. It has been my daily driver and weekend traveler for the past few years and has never let me down. I have driven it to and from OH, IN, WI, MI, etc. as well as a very long trip up to Delaware and back to IL. I would never be selling it if I hadn't recently finished my Master's degree and decided to treat myself to a new car.

Basic Options
Heated Seats
Fold Rear Down Seats
Bose Stereo
6 Speed Manual Trans
Sport Package (Blue/Black Alcantera/Leather Seats)
6 Disc CD Changer
Nogaro Blue Exterior

Maintenance Under My Ownership
~85,000 - 06/2006 Cruise Control Unit, Gauge Cluster, ABS Unit Replaced - Done by Continental Audi

~96,000 - 05/2007 All 4 Brake Rotors and Pads Replaced

105,412 - 03/07/2008
Timing Belt, Water Pump, Thermostat, Rear Wheel Bearings, 4 Lower Control Arms, 4 Upper Control Arms, Inner and Outer Tie rods, Front Stablizer Replaced - Done by Chicago Auto Center in Chicago

06/20/2008
New Battery

116,113 - 12/08/2008
Potenza RE960 AS Pole Position Tires - Done by Discount Tires in Naperville

116,377 - 12/29/2008
Replaced Heater Grid in Driver Seat, Serpentine Belt Tensioner, Drive Belt Replaced - Done by Automeister in Naperville

122,286 - 06/13/2009
Full 4 Wheel Alignment - Done by Firestone in Naperville

133,000 - 03/19/2010
Emission Test - Passed

135,000 - 06/25/2010
Oil Sensor, Oxygen (O2) Sensor, Throttle Body Boot Replaced

Modifications
6000k HID Low Beams
6500k HID Fog Lights
35% Window Tint
M3 Style Trunk Spoiler
Neuspeed Short Throw Shifter w/Custom Short Shift Boot
Vogtland Suspension (Shocks, Struts, Springs)

Interior - 8.5/10
The interior is in overall great shape. Typical bolster wear can be seen on the driver seat leather. The rear seats and passenger seat are both in very nice shape. There are a few small wear marks on the shifter console. Everything works and functions as it should. All of the pixels in the gauge cluster, stereo, and climate control work. The heated seats, air conditioning, heat, power mirrors, sunroof, etc. work as they should. The headliner is very clean, as well as the dash and door panels. The carpet is also in good overall shape.

Exterior - 7.5/10
The paint cleans up very nicely. Anthony and the guys at A&L did a great job, and all paintwork was blended flawlessly. I would say that this S4 is in better shape than most, and the Nogaro paint is free of a lot of wear and tear typically seen in a car this age. The wheels are straight, but after 10 years have started to chip. They still clean up well as can be seen in the pictures. There are few if any paint chips on the front bumper and hood. There are also very few dents, dings, and the like.

The glass on the passenger side view mirror has started to brown, but is still functional. There are a couple very small scrapes on the bottom of the rear bumper that aren't visible unless looking for them. All of the door and trunk seals are in good shape and don't howl or whistle. There is a small (2") crack under the front bumper. It is not noticeable unless looking for it, but it's there.

Mechanical - 8/10
The car is in great mechanical shape overall. I have had all of the typical expensive Audi maintenance items replaced in the past couple of years. The timing belt, water pump, wheel bearings, and suspension pieces are common problems and rather expensive to fix. I have had considerable preventative maintenance done at some of the best shops in the area to make sure the car is in tip top mechanical shape. Other than one pesky, squeaky belt when the car is cold, I can't think of anything that needs attention or replacement. I would drive it anywhere on a whim, and that's the way I like to keep it.

While detailing the engine bay, I noticed a very small crack in the coolant expansion tank. I ordered a new OEM tank and it will be installed next week before the car is shown/sold. There are no funny rattles, grinds, shakes, or anything else. The all wheel drive is strong, and the car pulls straight and fast like it should.

Please ignore the time stamps on the pictures, I couldn't figure out how to change it. These photos were taken this week and are current.

Price - $7,450 OBO

Current Mileage - 139,848

Location - Aurora, IL

Title - Clean and in-hand, the car is in the garage and ready to be sold

Payment Options - Cash, cashier's check, personal check, no paypal. The car will be held (and not driven) until payment clears. An appropriate bill of sale will be completed when the car is sold.

Last edited by DarkPillow; 09-11-2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 08-29-2010, 05:28 PM
1st Gear

Did you state the current mileage?

Old 08-29-2010, 05:33 PM
1st Gear

Of course I forgot one of the most important items. Current mileage is 139,848.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:26 AM

PM Sent

Bill

Old 09-05-2010, 06:54 AM
1st Gear

Interested. Will you negotaite the price a little?

Old 09-06-2010, 12:43 AM
1st Gear

Price is firm.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:44 PM
1st Gear

If the price is firm, why does it say OBO? jw...still interested, but jw.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

I sent you a PM.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:34 AM
1st Gear

Looks like I'm going to be picking this up this weekend. =) Can I call you? PM me your number please.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:43 PM

Is this for sure sold???

Quick Reply: FS: 2000 Audi B5 S4 6 Speed - Nogaro Blue/Blue Alcantera - Sport Pkg