Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

2006 Garner Red A3 Sport 2.0T DSG - truly loaded [North Carolina]

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 11:42 PM
Default 2006 Garnet Red A3 Sport 2.0T DSG - truly loaded [North Carolina]

Located in Raleigh, NC
More pics - http://bit.ly/ckJYRw

This car is truly a one of a kind - I ordered it new to spec (and checked all the boxes except bluetooth and cold weather pkg) and waited 3 months for it to come over from Germany. It has been great to drive, so I'm very sad to let it go, but I have to sell it because I have moved to NYC for work and it doesn't make sense to keep it. The car is in fantastic condition inside and out, has always been garage-kept and looks new. I have all records and I've obsessed over it and it shows.

I'm asking $18,000 and I believe this is fair based on my research (see all the description and KBB value below). This car packs a lot of luxury in a tight package and it is a thrill to drive.

I can arrange for you to take a look or drive it in the evenings or the weekend. I will also be around for labor day weekend for anyone who wants to take a look.

The full Kelly Blue Book detail is here

2006 Audi A3 2.0T
Garnet metallic red
48,600 miles
6 speed automatic with manual mode (DSG)

Features and Options
  • Navigation Plus RNS-E
  • Sirius satellite radio - I dont know why or how, but since I got the car my free trial of Sirius has never ended - enjoy!
  • Bose sound with MP3 - reads MP3s from 2 SD cards that you load behind the fold-down screen
  • Sport package - enhanced suspension, leather seats and trim
  • Open Sky sunroof - dual glass roofs
  • Bi-xenon headlights - this means high and low beam are xenon, not just low
  • Aftermarket - Thule roof rack with aero bars - this includes lock cores and is easily removed when you don't need it.
  • Original carpet floormats that have never been used, I have always used all-weather rubber mats
  • Roof Rails - I was one of those people who figured out how to get them before they were a real option.
  • I've added the Audi mud flaps up front to protect from chips

Fuel

On a purely highway trip, you can get up to 30 MPG. When I worked in RTP in mixed driving from Raleigh I usually got 26 MPG on average.

Maintenance, etc
  • The car has always been serviced by Audi, because it was included up to 4 years/50K. I have all the records of this service.
  • Audi replaced the cam and follower in 12/2008 due to CEL, no issues since
  • Oil changes every 10K. Next one is due at 50K.
  • I have not yet performed the recent ignition recall
  • New tires were installed at 25K. The current Pirellis are lasting much longer than the original set, see the pics.
  • Battery is new as of July 2010.

Accident

In May a truck turning in front of me at a very low speed scraped into my front fender and side mirror while I was stopped. This was purely cosmetic and has now been fixed by an Audi certified repair shop and the car looks great again. You can see the pics of this incident in my gallery. A benefit of this is now the hood and front have been resprayed so any small chips there are gone.

Flaws
  • One tiny chip that is touched up on the driver side rear fender.
  • The passenger mirror is scuffed on the side, see in gallery
  • The poorly designed sunscreen for the front sunroof wont stay latched while driving, a common problem on these cars.

Thanks for looking

Last edited by GarnetA3; 09-01-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Default Sold

Sold!