Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

2004 Audi S4 6MT $15,000 (CT)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Default 2004 Audi S4 6MT $15,000 (CT)

2004 Audi S4 Sedan Quattro MT6 $45,650
Light Silver Metallic $450
Ebony Interior No Charge
6-Speed Manual Transmission No Charge
Premium Package- $1,650
Glass Sunroof
Homelink Remote Transmitter
Auto-Dimming Interior Mirror w/ Compass
Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirrors
Memory For Driver Side Seat Adjustment
Memory For Driver Side Mirror Position
Light Sensor Package
Heated Front Seats $450
X M Satellite Radio $350
Northeast Emissions $150
Silk Nappa Leather No Charge
Gas Guzzler Tax $1,700
Destination Charge $720
Total $51,120

99K miles, just replaced all 8 coil packs and fuel filter. Fresh oil change. I am the second owner and there is a clean carfax. I have all records from new including window sticker.

Issues:

1. One of the secondary radiators drips coolant. I have not had to top off the coolant since the dealership mentioned it to me. Dealer said it’s a $700 fix with labor and I’m sure an indy shop would do it cheaper.
2. An alignment was done when the suspension was put on, but I noticed the inside of the front tires are wearing quicker than the rest. Might not be a bad idea to get an alignment again (I didn’t have stock rims to throw back on and didn’t want anything touching the iForged rims).
3. Brake pad warning light has beeped twice in the past week of driving. Will need at least pads very soon.
4. There is a small bracket right before the rear mufflers that connects the two pipes together. It has broken off leaving a dime size hole in the exhaust on each side. It actually sounds really good and I couldn’t justify spending $1,500+ on an exhaust when it’s been proven the gains are minimal other than sound. I had one guy ask me if I had a Borla exhaust on the car
5. On the interior, the arm rest hinges broke so when you lift it up, it comes off. It stays fine closed and does not wiggle or open when using it as an armrest.
6. One of the glove box hinges broke and is held together with glue. Need to be careful when opening it to make sure no one just lets it fall. I just leave it locked.
7. The clear coat on the rims has some pitting due to rain and some left over salt on the road right before spring. I got a quote from a place in Branford, CT (800-FIX-BEND) for $250 to take apart all 4 and redo the lips. I have not tried to polish the rims or tried doing anything other than cleaning w/ a mild soap. No rash on any of the rims and they still clean up nice considering the imperfection (all pics I provided have the lip issue).
8. The rear bumper does not match the rest of the car when looking at it from a certain angle. From the back it looks spot on. This is a common issue with Audi and their silver cars.
9. Front bumper has two indents in it that was not disclosed to me when I made the purchase that you can see in the pics around where the license plate would go. My body guy told me about it, but I didn’t want to use bondo on it and I usually get my bumper repainted every couple years on my cars and would deal with it then if it bothered me that much. The bumper and sides could use a freshening up as they have some chips, but the car still looks great.
10. Driver’s seat has a mark in the middle butt area that looks like someone had a button exposed or maybe keys in their pocket when then sat down. Not a tear, just a mark.
11. The “5” button for the cd select on the radio fell off and is hiding very well in the car.
12. The body is free of dents or dings, but does have some scratches here and there as expected from a car with this many miles. I have never buffed it while I owned it only because silver is really one of those colors that does not pop as much as a black or darker car when buffed.

I get compliments on this car all the time and absolutely love it. The only reason I’m selling it is because I want to get back into a turbo car as that is my first love. This car is very fun for what it is, but I will never be able to take it where I want to performance wise without paying an arm and a leg.

Car has 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 iForged Flux rims that retail for $800+ a pop. Spent $900 on tires also (purchased new last year).
H&R coilovers – love them, no bouncy ride at all like some CO’s (purchased new last year).
Oettinger front bumper, side skirts and rear window spoiler (purchased used before there was a US dist).
Some sort of intake, Stratmosphere maybe?
Matching HID fogs that look sick.
I also have a brand new in the box EuroGear carbon fiber Boser hood included with the sale along with stock hood, suspension.

VIN: WAUPL68E44A172747

My price of $15K is absolutely firm. The mods more than make up for the imperfections in my opinion. Private party book value in good condition is $16,000 and I have over $9,000 in extras. There is an Audi dealership 2 miles away from me that can inspect the car for you. I am being as honest as I can be with the faults, but a $150 inspection would be best as I am not a mechanic.

Kevin

Attached Thumbnails 2004 Audi S4 6MT ,000 (CT)-p1050985.jpg   2004 Audi S4 6MT ,000 (CT)-p1050980.jpg   2004 Audi S4 6MT ,000 (CT)-p1050129.jpg   2004 Audi S4 6MT ,000 (CT)-p6240444.jpg   2004 Audi S4 6MT ,000 (CT)-p6240441.jpg