Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

2002 Audi S6 (Black over Black)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 10:09 AM
1st Gear
Default 2002 Audi S6 (Black over Black)

2002 Audi S6 4.2 V8 Avant! **$8,900 obo** Brilliant Black over Ebony, leak-free, two-owner car w/ clean title and 161K mi. Mechanically great w/ extensive documented service history. Lubro-Moly Synthetic oil every 6K miles. Recently purchased A3 for a daily driver, so looking to pass on to another Audifan.

Maintenance highlights from last 50K miles during my ownership: Over $15K in receipts just in the last 50K...T-belt, all pulleys, hydraulic pump, H20 pump, front-end seals, valve cover gaskets, camshaft adjusters and pads all replaced @ 115K. Fuel pump/fuel filter replaced, fuel tank rollover valve reinforced per recall/TSB (if you're looking at other C5 S6s, there's a good chance this wasn't accomplished and could result in fuel leak on exhaust as I discovered one morning).

Upgraded intake runner system w/ machined aluminum Gruven adjuster links with new vacuum pumps to replace plastic factory setup. Replaced/upgraded tie rod ends, all eight front control arms/ball joints, and shocks & shock mounts. Replaced tranny seals, drained/filled new ATF fluid & filter. New oil cooler, new half-shafts (good CV boots at all four corners). Newer Xenon headlight bulbs, battery, spark plugs, drained/flushed/filled G12++ coolant and replaced expansion tank (old one discolored from age), coolant hoses, ATE brake fluid, pads, rotors, Conti Extreme Contact DWS tires. Just replaced trunk lid gas struts, air filter, exhaust flex pipes, catalytic converters and all four O2 sensors with OEM connections (no splices). Just replaced both rear wheel bearings, left rear caliper (piston was frozen), and front right ABS sensor. Original owner and myself have not let anything go that affects drivability, so this is an extremely sorted car mechanically.

Key Features: Factory Nav, factory head-unit w/ added ipod cradle. Hard-wired for radar detector (essential for this car). At asking price, car comes w/ factory aero aluminum crossbars and I'll even through in the factory cargo roof box, making it the ultimate road-trip/cargo-hauler/any-season fun car. Also comes with a huge file of receipts, a CarFax report documenting dealership service from 0-91K miles, and both original keys.

Disclosures: Car has cosmetic flaws consistent with age, mileage, and daily family use to include driver seat wear, parking-lot dings, cracks in front bumper cover lower fascia thanks to parking concrete stops. Car also has some rough patches on the front seats thanks to an open sunroof and a brief rain event before I realized sunroof had been left open). It's not cosmetically perfect; however, it has exceptional maintenance history and has been cared for mechanically better than most S6's out there. The expensive, big-ticket items usually neglected on these cars have been addressed using OEM or upgraded parts. The price has been set at the lower end of the current market because I know it has cosmetic issues and I would love to find a home with a fellow enthusiast. The only maintenance item that I can see needing addressed in the near future is the lower right control arm. They were all replaced approx 45K miles ago, but the right frt lwr shows torn rubber and is starting to make a little noise at slow speeds. If you're a serious buyer with a strong offer, I can address this prior to purchase. This car is truly ready for many more years/miles. Just drove it from NJ to Alabama and back with no issues.

Happy to discuss, answer questions, and hand keys over to another enthusiast for many more miles with smiles!

Call or txt Dan @ 609-668-2450 or email dhumbert1@yahoo.com for more pics.

Attached Thumbnails 2002 Audi S6 (Black over Black)-img_2146.jpg   2002 Audi S6 (Black over Black)-img_2150.jpg   2002 Audi S6 (Black over Black)-img_3012.jpg   2002 Audi S6 (Black over Black)-img_2154.jpg  

Last edited by 1audi1; 08-09-2015 at 10:23 AM.