Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

1997 A4 Quattro 1.8T 5spd *DAMAGED*

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Default 1997 A4 Quattro 1.8T 5spd *DAMAGED*

Hit a deer and insurance has decided to total the car due to the unavailability of parts in my area. I've decided to keep it and sell it because I'd hate for it to sit in a junk yard if someone is willing to put effort into getting her onto the road again. Bought the car in Southern California 3/06 and recently moved back to Michigan (explaining the CA plates). Runs fine, body is good (other than damaged areas) interior is clean (there is a 1/4" burn hole on drivers seat and hole in carpet underneath the clutch), and as far as I can tell from driving it a few times since the accident the alignment is still straight. Replaced the windshield around 2 months ago, no damage from the wreck. Buyer will also need a new headlight switch unit (or repair it yourself) . There is also a cassette stuck in the factory tape deck. Has heated seats, heated mirrors, sport package, and factory 6 disk changer. 132k miles. In all honesty if I had the time and another vehicle to drive I would re-build, the insurance adjuster told me the only negative things about the car were the damage from the deer, the mileage, and it needs a new set of tires. Body shop estimate available on request as with any other information I can provide.

Instead of naming an asking price I'm taking reasonable offers, if the right one comes along I'll sell, if after a few weeks I still have it I might list it on e-bay. I'm not looking to make a lot of money, but would like to get a fair price compared to some other A4's I've found in this condition.

I'm located in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in a town called Houghton, which is home of the last stage of the SCCA ProRally races, so if there are any rally fans looking for a cheap ride, take a weekend to come watch one of the more exciting North American rally events and pick up a car! I also might be willing to trailer the car to a pick-up spot due to the remoteness of my location.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:32 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 1997 A4 Quattro 1.8T 5spd *DAMAGED*

pm'ed you check your inbox -Nick