Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

1996 Audi A4 Quattro, manual. Needs a transmission. $1600/obo Cheap! **Sacramento**

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:43 AM
1st Gear
Default 1996 Audi A4 Quattro, manual. Needs a transmission. $1600/obo Cheap! **Sacramento**

I bought this car from a friend who bought it from a friend, etc. you know the story. I was going to have my dad, a Toyota mechanic, fix it but he doesn't want to since he knows so little about Germancars. Anyway, it is a 1996 Audi Quattro A4 v6 2.8 liter. 5-speed about 130000 miles. It is in sore shape right now, it runs but won't move because it needs a transmission. The body is in need of paint, but straight, it has already been sanded. Salvage title from rear ending a truck (it doesn't take much to salvage an 11 year old car) but all repaired and no permanent damage, though there is still a small crack in the plastic engine cover. One headlight is in the trunk, presumably not functional and the gas door is missing. The stripping that runs down the length of the doors is missing, so will need to either be replaced or shaved before paint. The factory radio is gone.

I've think that's it for the bad. I've tried to be thorough, because my "friend" was not when I bought it from him. He very much downplayed the things it needed, above is what i feel to be an accurate rendering of what it needs to be a good running car. It has the potential to be a very nice car, the leather interior is fantastic and the car sounds awesome through a cold air intake and out a magnaflow exhaust. It is lowered on eibach springs and has HP Racing Lightning 18"x9" wheels in back and 18"x7" in front.

Please call me (my name is Kyle) at 530-417-1569 anytimethe car is in Placerville, CA about 45 minutes from Sacramento. I have more pictures, if you're interested please email.

Thanks for looking!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:08 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: 1996 Audi A4 Quattro, manual. Needs a transmission. $1600/obo Cheap! **Sacramento**

HA!

This will be easyer than email buddy!!

PO told me that there was valvetrain issues (after I chatted with him for a while..)
actually.. Heres the quote
"i put almost 1k miles on this car... the car needs a valve job on pistons on
the right side.. nothin major.. therefore causing the engine to have slight
misfire on pistons 1,2,3 due to the fact that the timing belt broke.. the
valves are NOT bent.. they just need adjustment.. the motor starts and
throws misfire signals in the obdII port.. i had a mechanic check the
engine... compression is good on all pistons... as 4 the transmission i am
not sure.. all i know is that i drove it to my gf's house... and when i was
leaving.. i put the car in gear.. its a 5spd manual.. i let off the clutch
and it wouldnt grab. .as if tho its not in gear.. it makes no grinding
noise.. no squeeking.. no sound what so ever.. and the radiator does not
leak..it has no other problems other than the transmission... the interior
is in EXCELLENT CONDITION!!! "

If it wasnt for the fact that the valves ARE bent.. I would have bought it already..

I will probably come up there and look at it sometime. But right now im trying to sell the other car I told you.

PS my bike has a salvage title too, but the frames been checked and it runs fine (the fairings just cracked.. and I like a streetfighter look better which is why I converted it..). If I was more ready to buy I would tell you that I would give you 600 with the bike.

It is a HIGH possibility that I might buy this car from you... WHEN is the question... lol