Archive - Interior/Electrical/Stereo List your Interior/Electrical/Stereo parts for sale here.

Added a Amp and Sub to Bose System

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Default Added a Amp and Sub to Bose System

I setup a amp and 2-12" Subs in the trunk of my 2000 Audi A6 w/ Bose. I used the installation by RedGoat as a guide. The Amp is having issues getting the remote signal from the factory amp. I checked the connection from the stock amp and the remote wire I setup was not getting power. I disconnected the remote I tapped. Then tested my amp by using an ordinary switch. Connected one side with a wire to the amps power in, connected the other side to the amps remote in. When I flipped the switch on the amp was powered and worked fine. I used it like this for a while but am currently tired of manually turning the amp on and off everytime I go in and out the car. Using a tester I checked the factory amp wiring harness (unplugged) to see if I tapped the wrong remote wire to begin with (the white one). I tested the power (red/blue) and the power was coming steady with the car on or off. I tested the remote (white) and was getting a pulsing signal with the car turned on/off. I am currntly in the process of removing the trunk lining so I can test with the harness plugged in. Any help is truly appreciated. I'll check back and update as I test the harness when plugged into the factory amp.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Default RE: Added a Amp and Sub to Bose System

I checked the factory amp wires w/ a tester while the harness was plugged in. The wire was still pulsing. I tried the same with the iginition turned on... the music stopped and the factory BOSE amp began clicking w/ the pulse. I took the tester off the wire and the music came back. Weird??? Any comments??

Old 10-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Default RE: Added a Amp and Sub to Bose System

oops, wrong place. Will post in right one. please go to the other electronics to reply.