Archive - Engine/Performance Parts List your Engine/Performance parts for sale within.

BRAND NEW Diverter Valves

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 09:41 PM
1st Gear

Nevermind, I am sure you are the owner....sorry.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:38 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jonnytrack
LOL, I thought of what you just wrote (the exact words in my head!!) first so you are infringing on MY intellectual property and I have the receipts to prove it...

" in my mind (as patented inventor and holder of intellectual property) these units are unlicensed copies of the Forge product."
I'm a pretty lateral thinker, but I don't see the connection with my infringing on your intellectual property; care to connect the dots for me?

did you get permission from the copyright holder to use that picture for your profile shipo?
Nevermind, I am sure you are the owner....sorry.
Yup; took the picture from a sailboat out beyond the harber off of Camden, Maine back in the late 1990s.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:49 AM
2nd Gear

OK guys thanks for the free bump but common this is not BRAVO channel. No need for drama here.
As I stated before there are THEIR OWN design that happen to look like forge ones. Thats ALL.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:59 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by shipo
I believe the word you used was "replica"; in my mind (as patented inventor and holder of intellectual property) these units are unlicensed copies of the Forge product. Long story short, the sale of these DVs are cheating Forge in the same way knock-off watches cheat companies like Rolex.

As for being uptight, yes, I am uptight about it. Developing a product and then having it protected via the patent process is exhausting, time consuming, and expensive.
Dude, don't be so ANALytical. First, your Rolex comparo don't apply at all. LOOK carefully at the two models and notice they don't even come close to being identical.

Second, if there would be any infringement, it would be a patent infringement, not a license a la Rolex bogus example.

Third, if there is a patent infringement, there'd be no APR nor Baileys, etc on the market.

Finally, if you really want to point the finger at someone blatantly stealing Forge's design point it at China via eBay who are selling an EXACT SAME replica as the forge for only $50.

Are you sure you are a patented inventor?? Just wondering. Better brush up on your legal reading.

BTW, Emilgevor, do you still have that one left? I'm interested. That is if Mr. Inventor here don't throw a fit.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:59 PM
2nd Gear

^^^ Yes I have one for sale but its in Black and not chrome.
PM me if you still interested.