Archive - Engine/Performance Parts List your Engine/Performance parts for sale within.

2.7T ASP TWIN GT28RS kit... 2900 shipped

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 09:38 PM
1st Gear
Default 2.7T ASP TWIN GT28RS kit... 2900 shipped

PLEASE EMAIL ME.. i do not come online too often.. Jdmej195@gmail.com

The kit is still on the car and running strong..

you all know the kit... its capable of 600+whp on a built motor.

Autospeed Performance - Garrett GT28RS Turbo Package, Base Kit w/Fueling - Products

LISTEN CAREFULLY..

kit does NOT include.... cat pipes or the fueling

KIT DOES include.

-Manifolds (one was bent from an accident and was PROFESSIONALLY repaired by ASP which cost me 500 damn dollars in itself.)
-downpipes which were extended with no flanges(allowing purchaser to do whatever they please), and o2s relocated down under car for ease of servicing. ALSO.. the wastegate dumps were welded shut on the downpipes. and now the wastegates vent to atmosphere with newly fabricated dumps.
-wastegates
-inlet piping, the upper halves were SLIGHTLY shortened to accomodate my custom 2.5 inch Y pipe. IF using factory y pipe.. i would recommend welding a small straight section on these easy.... if not.. then use silicone. lower halves are still as ASP sent them.
- oil and coolant plumbing, feed, returns.. all of it.
-whatever hardware i take off to remove these.. ill throw in.. although you may want to replace the manifold to head hardware.

kit has roughly 10k miles on it... the story behind the kit was.. a car was built at a local shop.. ran for 7-10k miles and crashed into a wall.. i aquired the kit shortly after that with the only damage being the drivers manifold(which was repaired by ASP) and installed it on my 3.0L... my build only has 1500 total miles on it due to the fact that SPEC(clutch) makes a shitty product..

On a base tune... with issues.. i am seeing low 3 second FATs on 18psi. which is impressive for a stage 3 car at 20+ let alone a big turbo car which obviously has a harder time putting out good FATS.

car made 380awhp before that on 13psi wastegate pressure on a mafless base file.

like i said.. these turbos are currently in the car and running strong.. they are healthy and will continue to be healthy... i work at a highly renowned shop as far as Forced Induction and ive inspected these things multiple times(motors been out 3 times in the past year) and they have no signs of any sort of wear or issues.. and still spin like butter.

as far as WHY im selling these.... well. to tell you the truth.. i dont know. im pulling the motor this winter anyways.. and i think i want to go VR6-T or do something wild with the turbo setup(im thinking tial 770s with upgraded comp covers) either way.. there is nothing wrong with the kit. i have recent logs showing these turbos are healthy.

this was a 10k$ + kit in its prime time.. i got it for a good deal so im passing savings to another enthusiast.

now on to a few pics sorry they arent the best.. but like i said the kit is still in the car. last one shows the manifolds after the one was repaird.

thanks for looking.