Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Toyo Proxes S/T or Toyo Tourevo tires?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Default Toyo Proxes S/T or Toyo Tourevo tires?

I am in the market to replace the original Pirelli tires on my 2004 (about 25K miles). I am trying to decide between the Toyo Proxes S/T and the Toyo Tourevo All-Season. The Proxes have more of a performance tread design but no mileage warranty and the Tourevo's offer a more traditional tread design with an 80K mile warranty. There is about a $200 difference between the two with the Tourevo's being more. I have snow tires so I am only looking for a 3-season tire.

Does anyone have any experience with either model and any recommendations? I am leaning towards the Proxes because of the tread design but I have never purchased tires without a mileage warranty.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:05 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Toyo Proxes S/T or Toyo Tourevo tires?

Hey mtn,
I had a Jetta GLI and switched to the Proxes and loved 'em. I can't remember what tires came with the car, but the Proxes handled a lot better on dry pavement.For me the frontwheels tended to slip a bitwhen it was wet, butI think that had to do with the FWD and loads of understeer.
I wasn't aware they didn't have a mileage warranty, but I didn't have any trouble with the tires at all. I didn't drive 'em really hard, but I thought they held up well. I sold the car after putting 20k on the new tires, so can't tell ya what kind of total life span they had.

They were noisier though.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:18 PM

I service many awd autos and I have found the best tire for the money is goodyears triple tread I have them on my allroad and cannot say anything bad. This is after many tires that I could say many bad things about!!!!!!!

Old 05-04-2008, 12:31 AM
1st Gear

I just bought a new set of Tourevos and put them on my Allroad OEM rims (225/55/17). I gotta say I am more than impressed and being as picky as I am I would consider these tires again. They are quite, handle very well, do well in the snow and rain (the little I have driven in with them) and are overall a comfortable and well planted tire. I would highly recommend them.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:33 AM
1st Gear

I wrote a review here some time ago: http://forum.theprancingmoose.com/in...opic,70.0.html

Old 05-09-2008, 08:18 AM
1st Gear

I just ordered a set of the S/T in stock size for my 02 AR. I decided to go with them as I don't have a dedicated set of snows and they look crazy aggressive. It'll probably be too late, but give me a week or two and I'll let you know how they ride.
BTW, got them from treadpot.com for $109 each with free shipping!!

Kurt

Old 05-27-2008, 11:32 AM
1st Gear

Had the S/T's installed last week....so far nothing but dry roads around here. Ride similar to my Mich MXV4's. Maybe sidewall not as stiff. Comfy ride, quiet, not as quick with hard turn-in but goes where you point it, just not as snappy. For $109, could have done much worse. I'm anxious to try in foul weather. Will update as necessary.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Q5?
1st Gear

I have them also.
Great handeling.
I drove in the Trinity Alps in No. Cal. once with them.
The roads were icy and wet.
My baby handled better than any car I have ever owned.
They are a great value and my local Audi dealer even recomended them.