Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

So, I made the choice to chip and then...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 07:18 PM
1st Gear
Default So, I made the choice to chip and then...

So, I found a tuner shop that I liked and after talking with them decided to go with the APR 91 octane and stock programms. I blocked off some time to have it done before the coming weekend (got a road trip planned and am dying to try the chip over a long haul)

I swear to God, not one hour after talking to the guys at the shop, Ihit thehighwayfor some errands and of course....Inailed a giant potholeand ripped a chunk out of my passenger front sidwall and did a number on the wheel too. #!$@!!!@#

My chip $$ is now to be used for 2 new tires. Damn, I can't win.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:36 AM
Default RE: So, I made the choice to chip and then...

dang dude. thats some **** ball luck. how big was the pothole. sure it wasnt the grand canyon?

Old 07-08-2008, 02:08 AM
1st Gear

Incrementalg, i'm sorry to hear that. One of my friends wrecked his 01 Cobra today, hitting the concrete wall head on @ 60mph. The car was totaled, however, he walked out with only few bruises. I'm glad he's okay. Now he's a firm believer of airbags and seatbelts. I wonder if it would make you feel any better....

well, i think my turbos are about to go.... driver's side turbo makes this rattling noiseeven though im not sure if its coming from the turbo.Also I hear turbo spool alot lately,especially when accerlerating, it definitely soundslouder than before but I still dont hear it in the cabin with windows closed.Front air suspensions looks weird too. I'll post a picture ASAP. I could be wrong but sincethe last track day(June 12th), it seemed weird. (BTW I ran 9.12 in 1/8mile at 72mph.) Mine's a slush box. Sport mode turned out to be faster than tiptronic.
In case turbos go bad, should I sell my AR(I love my AR and dont want to sell)or get a set of Ko4s? I hear Ko4 turbos give better gas mileage and are more effective than Ko3s. Thiswould be a good time to change timing belt too.
Havent had any problems with transmission and engine YET, but my front axleseems bad though.
Well, I first need to feed her with synthetic oil tomorrow or maybe wednesday.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:23 PM

[:@]That is a major bummer. Just when you were ready to do the upgrade... maybe on your next trip. Sorry for the bad luck!

Old 07-08-2008, 07:06 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ccomengee86

Incrementalg, i'm sorry to hear that. One of my friends wrecked his 01 Cobra today, hitting the concrete wall head on @ 60mph. The car was totaled, however, he walked out with only few bruises. I'm glad he's okay. Now he's a firm believer of airbags and seatbelts. I wonder if it would make you feel any better....

well, i think my turbos are about to go.... driver's side turbo makes this rattling noiseeven though im not sure if its coming from the turbo.Also I hear turbo spool alot lately,especially when accerlerating, it definitely soundslouder than before but I still dont hear it in the cabin with windows closed.Front air suspensions looks weird too. I'll post a picture ASAP. I could be wrong but sincethe last track day(June 12th), it seemed weird. (BTW I ran 9.12 in 1/8mile at 72mph.) Mine's a slush box. Sport mode turned out to be faster than tiptronic.
In case turbos go bad, should I sell my AR(I love my AR and dont want to sell)or get a set of Ko4s? I hear Ko4 turbos give better gas mileage and are more effective than Ko3s. Thiswould be a good time to change timing belt too.
Havent had any problems with transmission and engine YET, but my front axleseems bad though.
Well, I first need to feed her with synthetic oil tomorrow or maybe wednesday.
Yeah, my tire and wheel issue is nothin compared to hitting concrete at 60. Aside from an extra hassle and a few f-bombs, no harm done, so I shouldn't whine...haha.
Good news is that the city may actually reimburse me for at least a portion of the damages. Turns out Boston has a fund for this kind of stuff. I'd rather they paid attention to the roads and make some real fixes vs. filling them with tar and rock only to have it wash away with the next rain. (I've seen the same hole filled 12 times over the last year using crap materials and with sloppy work) The city pays a crew something like 150 bucks per pothole with what amounts to literally $8-$12 in materials. (there was a recent study about how tax $$ is wasted that showed this)

About your turbos...do you think it could be a dv valve issue? Feel any loss inboost or power?

You talking like $5k-$6k for new turbos? Hell, I'd sell the car and find another with fewer miles. IF you can get something for yours, it may be cheaper than shelling out funds for turbos and suspension.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:47 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: incrementalg

Yeah, my tire and wheel issue is nothin compared to hitting concrete at 60. Aside from an extra hassle and a few f-bombs, no harm done, so I shouldn't whine...haha.
Good news is that the city may actually reimburse me for at least a portion of the damages. Turns out Boston has a fund for this kind of stuff. I'd rather they paid attention to the roads and make some real fixes vs. filling them with tar and rock only to have it wash away with the next rain. (I've seen the same hole filled 12 times over the last year using crap materials and with sloppy work) The city pays a crew something like 150 bucks per pothole with what amounts to literally $8-$12 in materials. (there was a recent study about how tax $$ is wasted that showed this)

About your turbos...do you think it could be a dv valve issue? Feel any loss inboost or power?

You talking like $5k-$6k for new turbos? Hell, I'd sell the car and find another with fewer miles. IF you can get something for yours, it may be cheaper than shelling out funds for turbos and suspension.
She runs just fine. There's no power loss either. Mine's 2003 2.7T with 62k miles.
Maybe I'll save some green up then import brand spanking new RS6 lol..........not likely to happen though.