Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

power sunroof stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 04:48 PM
1st Gear
Default power sunroof stopped working

I have a 2003 Allroad 2.7 w/ 103,000 mi. Wednesday I got home from work and proceeded to close the sunroof when it just stopped working. I checked the manual and proceeded to replace the 20a fuse. It didn't help, still won't work. And the new 20a fuse does work as it powered the radio just fine. I was able to crank it closed manually, the Germans think of everything. Still, I miss the convenience of not having to hand crank it should I want to use it. Is this something that is not a high dollar fix? I suspect the motor is dead but I'm kind of an idiot w/ cars.

I purchased the car used in 2007, after selling a '05 Audi A3, saved $150/mo and now have a car I can fit in all my photography equipment. This last 6 months I've replaced two front air suspensions via arnott, now the mechanic is buying direct from Arnott for other allroads they told me. Also new Michelin tires, front and rear brakes and a new temperature sensor last month. I'm hoping this is not a big dollar item to fix, if it is I guess I will be hand cranking it.

Thanks for any input. It is appreciated. I've been using this site to gain knowledge on things like buying from Arnott but just joined today. Cheers.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:16 PM
1st Gear

Could just be a bad switch. Try cranking it open a few inches and open all your windows. Leave everything open and get out and lock your car by putting the key in the drivers door but hold the key in the Lock position. After the horn sounds and the doors lock, the windows (and hopefully sunroof) will begin to close. This will tell you if the motor is working or not.

-Tyler