Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Goin' APR!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 03:16 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up Goin' APR!

Ok peeps...I'm getting the ar chipped on Wed. Going with 91 Octane and stock program. 307hp/366lb-ft should give it some more get up and go!

Old 10-04-2008, 05:20 PM
1st Gear

Cool. Looking forward to seeing a dyno.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:12 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs down

Alright, you won't beleive this! My wife just called to say that someone f'd with the A4 and now the bumper is hanging off and the hood is all f'd up. WTF!!!!???? (new post in A4 forum venting)

I haven't seen the car, but I suspect I'm about to cough up a $500 deductable to get it fixed.

I can't beleive this.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:27 PM
1st Gear

Breathe....breathe. It'll be okay. Remember, they're called accidents for a reason--they happen.

Just let us know what happens with the new chip on the AR.

john

Old 10-07-2008, 03:16 PM
1st Gear

I would like to hear your impressions on the before and after chipping. I am planning on a chip myself this spring.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by incrementalg
Alright, you won't beleive this! My wife just called to say that someone f'd with the A4 and now the bumper is hanging off and the hood is all f'd up. WTF!!!!???? (new post in A4 forum venting)

I haven't seen the car, but I suspect I'm about to cough up a $500 deductable to get it fixed.

I can't beleive this.
Figure out who/what happened?
This happened to my best friend while he was in his apt. a moving truck hit his car (sh!tty honda accord, like, not worth fixing imo) and they didnt leave any info. So he asked ppl around if they saw anything happen and he found out there was a moving company there, got the name, called them, asked them to check their truck that was scheduled to come out to their complex, and sure enough there was damage. the owner and secretary came out to assess the damage. they requested that he took it in for quotes, so he did. then the company decided not to file and insurance claim so they would pay out of pocket for the repairs. ended up being like 2 grand in damages becuasae it broke some welds and stuff within the trunk. So jared, my friend, requested $4500 for his time lost, money lost from not being able to go to work that day, and the repairs.the owner paid up in cash the following day. He had a buddy repair the car for about a grand, and pocket the other $3500. pretty sick deal if you ask me. o, if they had gone through insurance there was a strong possibility the car would have been totalled, but they had been having trouble with their drivers and had made to many claims. so lucky jared

Old 10-08-2008, 03:41 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by incrementalg

I can't beleive this.
Oh man! That sucks.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:29 PM
1st Gear

Ok, so I got the chip! What a difference it makes! Don't get me wrong, the car is still no rocket, but I can say it's got ***** now.
With the extra power and torque, I thought I'd have problems with throttle tip in and a herky jerky ride, but it's damn smooth on both fronts.

I surprised the hell out of a guy in an A4 when I out hustled him coming out of a toll booth. The car really surprised me when I hammered down from about 30mph. Before I feel like it hustled best after 40mph, but it does so much sooner now and feels like it'll keep pulling much longer. I haven't tested how much longer it'll pull for, but it's definitely got a wider range!!!

The engine woke up

Old 10-13-2008, 08:59 AM
1st Gear

That's great man. I'm envious. I'd love to chip mine... but I've got so much on the plate already. Hope the A4 is going to pull through.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:06 AM
1st Gear

Thanks...the A4 should be just fine. Getting an adjuster to take a look this week for an estimate. I was able to get it 90% back into place, but there are some pretty big gaps and chips and one crack to deal with. If I could fill the chips and touch it up, I might be happy with that. (if it's less than the 500 deduct)

Quick Reply: Goin' APR!