Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

clutch problem on the allroad...........help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 11:18 PM
1st Gear
Default clutch problem on the allroad...........help.

Hey guys. I have a problem and need some professional help. I have a 2001 allroad 2.8TT 6 speed car. I was going to post it for sale on the forums, but decided to do some service first. The brakes were replaced all around, and the clutch slipped when I got into the gas hard. I purchased a clutch and sent the car to a friends shop for the work. The car returned 2 damn weeks later (he was swamped at the shop and doing me a favor). I drove the car and the BRAND NEW CLUTCH feels almost just like the old one did.....the clutch engages pretty high in the travel and it slips during hard acceleration. WTF? Is there something else that might need to be replaced / adjusted / bled? I'm at my wits and as I want to sell this car, but I want it to be right before I do. Everything else on the car is like new! Any ideas? My friend is a good mechanic, but he is not exactly an "audi technician". Need advice! Thanks.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:28 AM
1st Gear

I would not be surprised that after two weeks your mechanic decided that he does not want to do it at all - drove the car and it kind of worked so he told you he fixed it. WTF is would be appropriate...
I have been through stuff like that in the past and decided that it is time to take over. Now I do everything myself.