Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Arnott rules.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:12 AM
1st Gear
Default Arnott rules.

My air suspension died. Quotes were ridiculous, so I looked into the Arnott conversion kit. My mechanic was as excited as I was to do this, as he has other clients with the same vehicle.

I was happy to be the guinea pig, and I am exceedingly happy to report that the surgery was a success.

The car drives great, the suspension height is just right, it handles the same as before, and most importantly, I again have peace of mind.

Its been about three weeks now, and so far, so good. No warning lights, no annoying buzz from an overworked compressor, and it still looks like an Allroad.

Color me satisfied with Arnott's product.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:31 AM
1st Gear
Thumbs up

Yes, I too highly recommend Arnott.
I got two front air suspensions from them last year. Likewise my local mechanic was eager to install them, and succeeded despite a small glitch with one of the rubber O-rings which had to be replaced.
Otherwise all went well and the new suspension rides excellently.
I probably have to order two back suspensions from Arnott very soon.
Imagine, my local Audi dealer charges €1000 Euro per air suspension!!! then add installation by Audi service!!! Arnott provided me with two suspensions and a new air compressor for less than one Audi-dealer suspension!!!

Old 04-09-2010, 10:39 AM
1st Gear

I concur. Niall, I'm in the same boat. Fronts went first. I'd had a couple of brief scares with the rears, but I'm stretching that one out until it's a problem.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:11 PM
1st Gear
Default stock replacement OR Gen II?

Good to hear you all are happy. Did you upgrade to Arnott's Gen II air-sprints + Bilstein shocks? Or, did you opt for the standard replacement kit(s)?

Thanks

Old 05-29-2011, 02:58 PM
1st Gear
Default Arnott rules

@RobPenn, I went with the standard air suspension replacement kit.
Nearly two years after installation, it's all still working fine.
No leaks at all.
Arnott's All The Way! '

Old 05-30-2011, 09:34 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by robpenn
Good to hear you all are happy. Did you upgrade to Arnott's Gen II air-sprints + Bilstein shocks? Or, did you opt for the standard replacement kit(s)?

Thanks
I went with the Gen II. Never used the adustable suspension in the first place. Living in flat Michigan, it wasn't a big feature for me.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:56 AM
1st Gear

Wow ! I purchased a set of front basic bags and thought the quality was garbage to say the least.plastic upper mounts where hose screws in was horrible. the gen 2 kit seems to be the way to go, with the aluminum setup. plus a lifetime warr. versus a one year.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:05 PM
1st Gear

I went with Gen II. Passenger's side seems to have an issue getting up to 3 sometimes. If it continues to be a problem, I'll have to pull it back out and see what's going on. Maybe a bad seating of an O ring.

For installation, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REMOVE THE PINCH BOLT!!! Turn the wheel all the way one direction (one way for left, the other for right side), and you can twist the top of the strut so that it pops right out of the wheel well. Then remove the 12 bolts on the aluminum cap, and yank the old spring out. I did the passenger's side in 30 minutes (once the wheel was off).

Definitely the way to go when compared to the pricing of the stealership.