Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Arnott Industries Compressor, sorry for the ramble

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 02:21 PM
1st Gear
Talking Arnott Industries Compressor, sorry for the ramble

Hello all, I'm a long time lurker and don't post much but thought now would be a good time. I have a 02 AR 6spd with 130k miles on the clock that i have had for over 3 years. I've had air suspension problems about a year ago that resulted in replacement of both front air springs. My indy (Sutherland Service in Rochester NY) was good enough to use Arnott bags as replacements, they'd not heard of them until i showed them the site.
Since, the car has been doing great!! UNTIL 2-3 mos ago...the compressor began to run, and run, and run...It would get the car to height, sometimes, but took a long time to do it. Last week I'd had enough and ordered an OEM Compressor from Arnott for $394 shipped. I took it to another (closer) indy for replacement. The shop is Pheasant Auto in Nunda NY, owned by Steve Marble. He and his guys got the job done in in morning and charged me $82!!!!! The car is amazing again.
I just wanted to let all know of my experiences with Arnott, and my local shops. Many people bash the AR for cost of maintenance, parts and frequent problems. I love this car and plan to keep it for a long while. The handling, looks and utility are unmatched by any manufacturer.
To those who read this and are on the fence about getting an AR, I say GET one. They ain't cheap, but they are worth every penny!

Old 01-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Default allroad

I agree with you. I've had a lot of problems with my allroad but once you get them running good they are fun to drive. My BIG problem now is that theres no shop that i trust to fix my allroad. The Zimbrick audi shop near me in madison WI has only been problems. There customer servise is horrable! Then the other shop i went to forgot to reattatch my rear control arms after the job was done...
As for Arnott... i bought a replacement front right air bag from them and after about a year the bag blew out on me... called them up and they sent me out a new bag. (after i had to pay for a new one, then send them my old one, only to get reinbursed which i have to make sure they do) The warranty is nice on the bags but to have to get them installed everytime they go bad might get annoying. Over all a great company!
I'm done complaining now............