Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Allroads and winter?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Default Allroads and winter?

Hey all, I've been oggling a nice Allroad at a local dealership..... 45k miles, 04, 2.7 tip, CPO. Test driven it a couple times, haven't found any blatant issues with her, etc.....

The only thing that makes me a little cautious, without knowing more about it, is how well do these cars handle cold winters (aside from handling)? I.E.; the only thing that spooks me a little bit about the vehicle is if the air suspension will start to have issues when the ambient temperature is say, -15°F. Am I just being paranoid in this regard, or are there any good preventative measures (air compressor seals, fluids?) that need to be done to really winterize an Allroad?

I really want to love this car.... it just feels like what my current vehicle (01 V70XC) should have been; but I've gotten spoiled by a car that starts with just a few cranks, even when dead cold in a blizzard (102k miles later even).

Just hoping to get any input from anyone out there who's run these vehicles in the (a)typical northern winter conditions... how well do they start when cold, any particular issues with the tranny (yeah, it's a tiptronic... I'm *told* the torque converter is in good shape), and especially anything to note about the air suspension?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Old 07-05-2007, 10:25 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Allroads and winter?

I took mine up to northern michigan for the winter. And it sat for 3 days in -12 degree temp. Started up fine, but had warnings on air suspension. The car was sitting low. Let it warm up for like ten minutes and drove to a gas station to fill up. When i turned car back on, the warning lights were gone and back to normal height. I think since i let it sit, it caused it. But she ran awesome in the snow! Love ESP turned off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!