Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Allroad Suspension Won't Rise, but compressor runs.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 11:05 AM
1st Gear

Update

I charged the battery and tried again, this time the solid yellow warning dash light for leveling came up again, and no sound from compressor.

I checked the relay (373), and saw that i have connected it wrong way, opposit way.
So i turned it right again and tried, still same with solid yellow light.

Could the wrong connecting have burned the relay or something?

The 40a fuse was okey

Old 04-09-2016, 12:15 PM
1st Gear

The bagpipinAndy kit worked well for me but eventually the compressor entirely failed. It was easy to replace, check Arnott and you-tube for videos.

I bought a "factory" compressor on ebay about $500 and self installed. It came with a new relay too. Instantly solved all my problems with the airbag system.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:31 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by DOC ODDY
The bagpipinAndy kit worked well for me but eventually the compressor entirely failed. It was easy to replace, check Arnott and you-tube for videos.

I bought a "factory" compressor on ebay about $500 and self installed. It came with a new relay too. Instantly solved all my problems with the airbag system.
Thanks for replying.

Okey then it is worth to try and see if the kit helps.

Was your sympotoms the same as mine before changing compressor?

Old 04-09-2016, 01:11 PM
1st Gear

Don't fit the kit yet, if the error light is on solid the system will not operate at all, you have a fault in the system I suspect at least 1 of the 3 previous errors keep coming back, scan module 34, then clear all faults and see what ones come back,

regards

Andy

Old 04-10-2016, 06:10 PM
1st Gear

bagpipingandy is the ultimate expert on these systems, follow any advice he gives you first.

The kit is certainly worth the investment and easy to do.

My compressor increasingly took longer to fill the bags, until eventually it wouldn't work at all. I got over a year of use from the kit, but my compressor may have had scored cylinder walls and just couldn't keep up.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:41 PM
1st Gear

bagpipingandy is the ultimate expert on these systems, follow any advice he gives you first.

The kit is certainly worth the investment and easy to do.

My compressor increasingly took longer to fill the bags, until eventually it wouldn't work at all. I got over a year of use from the kit, but my compressor may have had scored cylinder walls and just couldn't keep up.
I know, he is helping me in a other forum that is why i have not responded here so we dont get confused.

My car is almost sitting on the wheels, did you have same problem?

Old 04-10-2016, 11:08 PM
1st Gear

It was at one time. I had to reprogram the system using a ross-tech dongle and software, Vag-com.

If all four wheels are low it may be a problem with leak at the compressor.

Good luck finding it.

I had a leaking front bag that I detected by spraying it with a soap solution and finding bubbles. I replaced the bag when I changed the front control arms. No more leaks.

After I replaced the compressor the system has been working like new, no problems at all. PITA to find the trouble though.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:17 AM
1st Gear

It was at one time. I had to reprogram the system using a ross-tech dongle and software, Vag-com.

If all four wheels are low it may be a problem with leak at the compressor.

Good luck finding it.

I had a leaking front bag that I detected by spraying it with a soap solution and finding bubbles. I replaced the bag when I changed the front control arms. No more leaks.

After I replaced the compressor the system has been working like new, no problems at all. PITA to find the trouble though.
Okey, my vcds show error when trying to reprogram.
Only the both front wheels are down for me.

Okey will try the spray technic, but it will be hard when the compressor is not working.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:09 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AlexAlex
Okey, my vcds show error when trying to reprogram.
Only the both front wheels are down for me.

Okey will try the spray technic, but it will be hard when the compressor is not working.
Your error light is on solid this is what we must fix, then the system will operate again, the fault code in the headlights or brakes is what I would try to fix, they are all linked to the air suspension

Old 04-11-2016, 02:52 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bagpipingandy
Your error light is on solid this is what we must fix, then the system will operate again, the fault code in the headlights or brakes is what I would try to fix, they are all linked to the air suspension
Okey, about the brakes it is the fluid that has been dry, i am waiting for the new disc and pads then i am going to fill it up.

Could it be the brake fluid that causes this error as a protection?

About the headlight, i really dont know, because the headlights work (not sure if it levels) and i have not got any error messages. How about the green light on the instruments next to the suspension light? it shows same light if i turn on or off.

And on VCDS the program dont get in the group, it says it couldnt find.

Quick Reply: Allroad Suspension Won't Rise, but compressor runs.