Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Allroad Mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Default Allroad Mods

Hi, I joined here in search of Christmas gift ideas. I use forums constantly for my car and love the idea sharing and comroderie. I am thinking about getting my brother something for his car since he spends so much time in it. He drives and allroad, i think a 2003, the earlier version before they painted the body kit. What kind of mods do people add? I am thinking ipod but that is so generic and uncreative id like to find something else.
If i do the ipod idea what is the best integration method. For bmw they make an interface bridge that turns the oem nav unit into a virtual alpine head unit that is compatible with most ainet alpine products. its pretty cool and works amazingly. anything like that for audi's? Thanks guys

Old 12-08-2007, 12:22 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Allroad Mods

The thing about (most?) allroads is they have a tape player, so I personally just use a tape to 1/8" adaptor to use my ipod. For 40 bucks you can buy an adaptor and an a/c charger and that works pretty well after you fiddle with the eq settings for a bit. It sounds about as good as an fm modulator, with is a lot harder to install.

Here are some ideas:
Chip and...
Tip chip if it's a tiptronic
Hotchkins Sway bar set
Infinity Basslink woofer (or something nice and compact like that... gives the bottom end some oomf, just connect it in place of the factory woofer)
Garmin GPS
Radar Detector
Bluetooth module
Satelite Radio