Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Air suspension not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 01:56 PM
1st Gear
Default Air suspension not working

I'm having problems with my front driver side air suspension not working, at first it would be a level lower than the ride height adjustment setting was, but now its completely deflated. It won't rise at all, I don't see any holes or leaks on the bag, and the ride height adjustment now wont change at all, it'll flash green then disappear. I have done a battery reset and maybe that was the problem causing this to malfunction but idk, I do not have a VCDS and rather not spend $160 for a scan from shops, I can hear the compressor run when I have the ignition on position 2, and I've let it run until it stops and started the car, still no go.

Old 10-30-2021, 10:43 AM
1st Gear

I had to replace my front suspension last month, but I've never experienced your symptoms: my driver-side-front bag just burst and my whole vehicle was just bouncing on the road. So, if your suspension feels normal, maybe it's just a relay switch. I will note/volunteer that my reliance on mechanics does mean that I have two that read codes for free, surely as an investment. Sort of like "free 42-point safety inspections" and the like that the chains offer. BTW, I don't know where in the world you are, and maybe my town or these shops are exceptional, but at least one of the Midas shop in town also does free reads. Or at least, they did one on a Saturday last year to diagnose why my battery wasn't holding a charge. Good luck getting past this.

Old 10-30-2021, 11:24 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the reply Rodolfo, I live in NJ. Don't think I can properly check my air suspensions if one is completely deflated lol, but for the relay, im not sure how to check how its bad or not.

Old 11-06-2021, 03:20 PM
1st Gear

So just an update, my front left suspension did have leaks in it around the bag and the lower seal kept coming off, bought a new air suspension, got it on and it does hold air, but it will still not inflate via ride height adjustment buttons. I checked the fuse for it, which is apparently #17 on the fuse list according to multiple posts, now its making me wonder about the relay, is there another relay within the car I can switch it with to test if it works? or is there any other advice that can be given?