West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Friday Night Road Rally - 3/4/11

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 06:11 PM
PFG
1st Gear
Default Friday Night Road Rally - 3/4/11

Hi, Audi enthusiasts! I'd like to invite you all to the Santa Monica Sports Car Club's "First Friday Nighter" road rally on March 4th. This is a "time-speed-distance" rally that will challenge your driving precision and navigational skills at legal (but spirited) speeds. We typically cover 50-75 miles on any given Friday Nighter, usually on driver-oriented canyon or country roads. Trophies are awarded to top finishers, and we sometimes give away free entries to future events.

You don't need any previous rally experience to compete - we're VERY noob-friendly - and you don't need any special equipment, just a navigator, a flashlight, a pen/pencil, and a watch with a second hand. We do have a special class for beginners so that you don't have to compete against seasoned veterans, and we offer some instruction before the event for novices.

Rallies start at the Bank of America parking lot at Devonshire and Sepulveda in Mission Hills. Registration opens at 7 p.m., with first car off at 8:01. The finish will be someplace with pizza and beverages.

Entry fees are $10 for SCCA members. Not a member? You can buy a weekend membership for $8 per car.

Find more info here: http://ffn.smscc.org/

We haven't had too many Audis at our events in the past...there was one lonely TT at our last rally, so come on out and represent the four rings!

Any questions? Post 'em or PM me. Hope to see you there!

Last edited by PFG; 02-15-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Added link to website
Old 03-03-2011, 08:02 PM
PFG
1st Gear

Update: the March rally will travel west through the Santa Monica Mountains, so there should be plenty of twisty roads for your driving enjoyment.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:31 PM
1st Gear

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww man i wish i could attend! can you post this again next time?

Old 03-05-2011, 11:34 PM
4th Gear

haha had i seen this i hella woulda went... that woulda been sick... my car is stock height so its definitely high enough haha.... woulda had some fun beating up the audi lol

Old 03-07-2011, 06:59 PM
PFG
1st Gear

You guys missed a good one - we drove the "Snake" section of Mulholland, as well as that challenging portion of Westlake Blvd. north of Mulholland - but don't worry, we have another rally coming up on April Fool's Day (should be challenging.) I'll post an event notice here a little later in the month...stay tuned!

Old 03-08-2011, 02:52 AM
1st Gear

awesome! looking forward to the event, should have my car looking purdy again.