B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Windows roll down when car is parked!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 07:04 AM
Default Windows roll down when car is parked!

I got an Audi A4 1.8 2000

I've had this problem twice. First around a year ago when I came to the car I noticed all the windows where down. I didn't leave it that way.

Later my rear left window is stuck up, I didn't notice any strange sound or anything but this maybe a window regulator problem.

Later on when my girlfriend came to the car where it was parked outside the mall she works in the windows where rolled down (except the rear left one this time) and it was raining

Is there any window relay or something that is acting up? Does this have something to do with the ATS?

Also the sunroof doesn't respond immidiatly sometimes.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Default Windows Roll Down by Themselves: A4 2000 - HELP!

I have the same problem,

when locked, my 2000 A4 will roll all the windows down by itself. This has happened more than once.

FOB reset? The FOBs are most likely too far from my car at night to set the windows headed down.

No window fuses in the box. Other threads say hold the key fob down for 5 seconds - did that - nothing happened.

Can someone reply with a process for analyzing the problem?

I did read something about a driver side door short - but the specific repair was not listed.
Thanks for your help!

Old 11-15-2009, 07:54 PM
1st Gear

Have had problems with my 01 not doing auto up or down windows. all 4 would roll down and up you just had to hold the switch. Got out and did what VW cars a "Reset" on the window regulators.

With all doors shut and windows up, use the key to unlock the drivers door but hold it in the unlock place till all windows reach fully down. Wait a few seconds and then use the key to lock all doors and hold it in the lock place, this will roll up all windows. Again wait a few seconds after removing the key.

Hope this helps. It made my auto feature work again.

-Tyler

Old 11-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Default Windows roll down when car is parked

Fantastic looking model. Did you use your fancy 3d scanner for this?

Old 11-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Default Windows Roll Down by Themselves: A6 2000 - HELP!

Huh? 3d scanner? I'm not necessarily proud of a car that has windows that rolls down on their own, at night, all day, in the rain.

Does anyone have a diagnosis or solution to this problem?

I have tried the below solution with no fix:

With all doors shut and windows up, use the key to unlock the drivers door but hold it in the unlock place till all windows reach fully down. Wait a few seconds and then use the key to lock all doors and hold it in the lock place, this will roll up all windows. Again wait a few seconds after removing the key.