B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

A Pimptastic Timeline

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 02:20 PM
2nd Gear
Cool A Pimptastic Timeline

Timeline was a horrible movie, IMO. But the point of this thread is more or less about my car, even with a cheesy subject title.

Seriously, we should just have a Timeline forum where people only start timeline threads.

I purchased my 2001 Audi A4 back in November of 09 right after getting married, mostly because my POS Bravada was on it's last leg and I needed something more professional. After driving a BMW 325 for awhile, I got this feeling that I might end up a yuppie. (Plus it seems like every dumb navy squid fresh outta bootcamp is driving a BMW around here)

The very first mods I did to the car where the common ones, Debadge the rear deck lid and tint the tail lights.

Eventually I got a custom plate after I started my new business in January. I didn't do to much to the car for the first couple of months after I got her besides learn why all of you hate K&N filters and how they screw up your MAF sensor.

I did play around with chroming the lower grill.

I have mostly been slowly planning what I want to do to the car. I've seen a few Audi's around town kind of riced out, but all and all I don't see to many B5's. And I LOVE THAT.

As of recently I've decided to start executing some of my mod plans. First up was the Euro-plate from: http://www.customeuropeanplates.com followed by the FOG Lamp mod.

Then the little brake light came on, and well my pads and rotors looked like they came from the factory. They where worn.

Then a box from ECS came with some nice cross drilled and slotted rotors for the fronts and rears along with Hawks pads.

I know cross-drills are mostly for looks. Whatever, I like them.

Then I got myself a set of Helix S5 LED projectors from partsforeuro.com

Let me just throw this out there for anyone with a facelift A4 looking to get those headlamps, because I have heard some people bitch on another forum. Everyone of these S5 style headlamps that I've looked at are designed for non facelift cars. You know how all the pre-face lift guys have to cut some of the fender to fit one piece projectors, well there is a small amount of fender gap with these things.

I'd also recommend you just buy a complete HID kit before installing them, or you will hate your life trying to rewire them. And don't even use the blinker that came with it. Because it has one filament and the facelift cars have two.

Otherwise I think they look sexy as hell. Like Jessica Biel sexy!

Everyone pretty much knows I ordered a DDMTuning HID kit, which in all reality only took 8 business days to get to me.

I am very very happy with the quality and ease of installation with their kits. Completely PLUG and play.

Here are some photos of the HID install and where the car sits right now.

I did snag a Magnaflow 14815 muffler off ebay, but after looking very closely at the Downpipe, I can tell my cat was replaced and the weld job is horrible. It's completely rusted and just looks like it's waiting to form an exhaust leak.

So before I get the muffler welded up, I'm thinking of waiting and getting a test pipe and down pipe and then doing the entire exhaust all the way back. Might as well do it the right way.

Well that's where I am at.

PS, I like the people on this forum better than some of the other Audi forums.

Future mods to come.

AND YES, I KNOW, it needs to go lower. That's after I fix the exhaust, but I'm going rims and low at the same time.

Old 05-09-2010, 02:22 PM
2nd Gear

I forgot to mention I got the car tinted with 30% all the way around. I don't do fishbowl.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:12 PM
2nd Gear

nice time line and i agree those headlights look dam good

Old 05-09-2010, 03:28 PM
1st Gear

looking really good...idk how i feel about those headlights though but overall looking good

Old 05-09-2010, 04:58 PM
3rd Gear

so many timelines lately. I agree about adding a section just for build threads, like on az.
imo there is too much going on in the front of your car.. you should take more pictures in the day and farther away with those headlights
clean looking car, should be much better with the muffler and low

Old 05-09-2010, 06:39 PM
2nd Gear

I could benefit from a better camera. I used to have a Rebel but it got jacked and since then I've been using my phone's camera. Kinda frustrating dumping 1000 into a camera and then getting it stolen.

I started pulling the chrome off for that very reason though.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Looking good man - jump on a second set of HIDs for your fogs. You will love them

Old 05-09-2010, 09:51 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Looking good man - jump on a second set of HIDs for your fogs. You will love them
The Fogs are HID's. I even posted a DIY today.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:39 PM
2nd Gear

The UPS man just visited my house, and brought me a present.

Install pictures probably within a week.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:41 PM
2nd Gear

nice cant wait to see it on u should put up a sound clip as well when its on

Quick Reply: A Pimptastic Timeline