Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

In-Cabin boost controller install help

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008 | 02:00 AM
|
1st Gear
Default In-Cabin boost controller install help

So I picked up a Turbo Smart In-Cabin Boost Controller the other day. Looking at the direction on the CD I am a tad lost. I am not sure where the waste gate is for us, what the pressure hose is, and also the exhuast hose.... Anyone install one of these? Thanks!

-Skip

Old 04-26-2008 | 11:32 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: In-Cabin boost controller install help

I was typing it out and then just found this pic. Where the Tee peice is, those should be your lines from the n75

One line controlls the boost and the other line just needs to go back to the engine bay (out of car) since it is an exhaust line venting the boost.

Old 04-26-2008 | 12:01 PM
|
1st Gear

Hey thanks Cincy! Is this fairly easy to access down in the turbo area? I am assuming I may need to remove my silicone inlet hose to get to this or can I get it from underneath the rear charge pipe? Then the exhuast line, does that have to go into the intake? If so, which line?

Old 04-26-2008 | 12:08 PM
I'm make believe

THat is for a 240 i believe. But all you have to do is add the tee with the n75 lines and you dont have to mess with anything else in the engine bay. Run that line from the Tee into the cabin and then the other line out of the cabin to the engine bay. You dont have to take it to the intake, just leave it somewhere to vent.

Old 04-26-2008 | 12:45 PM
|
1st Gear

Gotchya, thanks! I looked up their instruction online rather than the CD they sent, and it's a bit more clear. Almost afraid to admit, but n75 is what? I havn't gotten the n-terminology down yet [sm=boosign.gif]

Old 04-26-2008 | 01:15 PM
I'm make believe

Its the little boost controller in the intake just behind the maf. If will have 2 vac lines going int it and a electronic connector on the top. Pull the lines off and install them on the Tee

Old 04-26-2008 | 03:44 PM
|
1st Gear

Okay that is what I thought, so I can install the tee up there then instead of down so close to the turbo and wastegate like the diagrams show? That seems a lot easier than someplace that I cannot even see!

Old 04-27-2008 | 03:48 PM
|
1st Gear

Okay so I am having problems.... I have no contol over my boost, it's max, so my foot controls the boost.

I currently have it setup like this:

Into intake nipple ---T---black hose going down to the turbo. (The upright portion of the T is going to my controller) Then I have the controller vented to the engine bay.

(I had it vented into the charge piping and that caused me to have 5psi at 4 clicks, and 16psi at the LOWEST boost setting on the dial, it worked opposite, and I basically had no control)

The diagram shows something way different. Basically, I removed the stock controller entirely, and plugged this one up to those 3 hoses..... That my problem?

Old 04-27-2008 | 03:53 PM
I'm make believe

its charge piping => Tee => wastegate.

Old 04-27-2008 | 03:58 PM
|
1st Gear

Ooooohhhh.

Quick Reply: In-Cabin boost controller install help